Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Smartest Audience in the World....

Which, of course, is you! However, no one noticed that I was in such a hurry on my last card that the inside had a butterfly on the front, and a dragonfly on the inside flap!!! Lol....DD noticed it right off! I feel pretty silly! Oh, well.... gotta laugh - it is really funny!

Today's card is for a challenge over at Heart Hugs Designs. We were to go to Bacon Square Farm's site on Etsy, and pick out something to design a card after. I picked this:


I cut 9 strips of CS about 1/8" wide, distressed the edges, hoping they'd look like the pipes in the above photo. I think they look more like siding : -) Anyway, it was something I liked, and here is what I made...

Supplies: DCWV CS, Verve's Abundant Blessings Stamps, Colorbox Chalk Ink; Charcoal, Flower Soft; Spring, Marvy Scalloped Circle Punch. I colored the edges of the punched circle with a black Tombow marker, and adhered it over the cut out center with a pop up dot.
Hopefully, you have been blessed with a beautiful and relaxing weekend. Ours has been nice. DD has had to work all weekend, as did DH, but he and I did manage to go to the movies last night. We saw Angels and Demons. Funny.... we thought that the Angels and Demons book was better than the DaVinci Code book, but the DaVinci Code movie is better than the Angels and Demons movie!
Cardinal's lost....bah...
Peace out one and all!
Patti J.
Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

12 comments:

Caryl P said...

Nice card tonight Patti. I had notice the dragonfly/butterfly thing but figured you meant to do it that way. It's not like they're segregated out in nature!
Happy Sunday!

de said...

WOW! This is incredible! I love the inspiration you drew from this piece! You did a great job. Glad to see you playing along!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, it's superb! Really great card.
I must say i didn't notice the butterfly/dragonfly, thought it was meant to be like this :)
Hope you have a lovely week.
Hugs xx
Pat

Melisa Waldorf said...

This is such a cool technique!! I love the way you did that!

Kerry said...

I was wondering if anyone would be inspired by one of the more modern, metal pieces. Great job...I love how your card turned out! Thanks for playing in the Etsy Inspired Challenge this week!

Jenn said...

oh, I love the "frame" look of your card!

Thanks for playing along with the Etsy Challenge

de said...

CONGRATS Patti! Woo hoo! You rocked the EtsyInspired challenge this week! Hope to see you playing along next week too! EtsyInspired #39 will post tomorrow AM over on Ashley's blog!

Rachel said...

Great card! Congrats on your win!

StampinCathy said...

This is awesome. Love the details.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Okay, so I had to go back and look. It's not a dragonfly, it's a skinny butterfly! LOL

Your card for the inspiration piece turned out nicely. I've got to try that flower soft...

Hugs,
Lisa

Tiff said...

WOW this is amazing! Congrats on winning the EIC this week!

Sandy said...

Awesome card. Congratulations on winning the EIC challenge.