Monday, May 25, 2009

Sigh....

Sigh...a beautiful (even if it DID rain!) three day weekend has to end... It's been a great weekend. We've had absolutely nothing on the agenda's except visiting with out of town family, and a trip to the graveyards. We took a liesurely drive today to the latter, and took in the devastation from the recent storms. It's amazing - looks like a war zone. It will take the city of Fredericktown, Mo., months and months to clean up the trees, roof debris, glass debris, etc. Very sobering day... even the cemetaries were not exempt. Hundred year old trees were splintered like they were toothpicks, or entire root balls lifted out of the ground... Mother Nature sure was angry about something! Our DD took lots of photo's - I will try to borrow her card and post some photo's soon... in the meantime, she has a couple of photo's up on her blog - you may need to open them to see the hugeness of what's there.

Tonight's post is a quick patriotic card that I've done for a swap. It's a TAC stamps only swap, and I had to sort of use a bit of this and a bit of that set! I used stamps from the Fleur Birdies, All Seasons, Sprigs, and Trendy Greetings sets. I actually used the flower 'burst' from the Fleur Birdies set for the background on the red CS. I simply Versa Marked it on for a bit of color on color.



Enjoy - Yikes! It's unbelievable how quickly July 4th is approaching!

Also, my good blogging buddy, Pat, sent me a nice award this week. I know that part of the award is that I need to forward it on. I am so grateful to all of you for giving me inspiration, and positive feedback. I just cannot choose who to share it with. So! If you like it, just grab it, and post it, and enjoy! Pat said that I got it for all of my nice comments, and because I have 'attitude'! Tee hee - she knows me all too well!!!

I'm off to another project - working on baby shower table decorations and favors! Have a great night, and hopefully, I'll see you at some of the challenges this week!

Patti J.
~Life is short - open your presents early!

13 comments:

Caryl P said...

Love this card for the 4th, and how nice to share it on another great American holiday.

Can't wait to see what you have in store for decorations and favors for the baby shower!

Ellie Jacobson said...

Great card Patti!

Crystal said...

Wow Patti love your 4th of July card!! I know time just flies doesn't it!!! All your details are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Love this card. Great colours!
Good job.
Hugs xx
Pat

Chelsea said...

great patriotic card!

chatdumpgirl said...

attitude...that's funny....

Barb said...

Awesome patriotic card, Patti!

marianne-g said...

It is hard to believe that the 4th of July is almost here. What a great card to celebrate it.
So sorry to hear about the devestation in your town. We have to put up with the heat in the summer but no earthquakes, tornados or hurricanes.
Thanks for being a follower of my blog. It's so exciting to know someone is looking at it.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a great Independence Day card! What awesome details! i can't believe how time flies. I want it to slow down so I can enjoy the summer.

Bridgett Owens said...

What a wonderful card. 4th of July is a fave of mine ... look forward to it all year!!! Love what you've done with this card.

Sally Taylor said...

This card is fabulous!

Theresa Momber said...

Wonderful patriotic card, Patti! Wonderful layout!

Suzanne said...

I have these cards at my house! They are even better in person. Great job! They will be on their way back to you Monday.