Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Little Birdie Told Me...

You are all special! I appreciate every one of you!

DS is back from his vacation in Hawaii, the Cardinal's won and are now in 1st place, DD and DH are safe and sound, and today was a pretty decent day at work. I actually have some energy left over, so I think I'm going to do a little creating, and then work on our monthly reports for a couple of hours. Hopefully, UE will keep our power up and running so I can be on the computer!

I hope you enjoy this card. I made it for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, and I'm pretty happy with it. I flipped the card upside down, and side to side. I just happened to have a buckle punch, and decided to use it. I just love the DP - it's by The Scrapbook Wizard, and I picked it up the last time I was at O'Dear's. Cute DP and a great sketch just makes it so easy to figure out what to make! The Stamps are the cutest little set by Hero Arts. My friend Shirley gave me this set in one of her many 'goodie' packages she sends my way! (She's the best!) I am beginning to get the hang of clear stamps, and I'm really diggin' them. I love how you can see exactly where you want to place your image!



Speaking of cute stamps, OMG, have you seen the newest sets at Gina K. Designs? I'm lovin' the sports set that Melanie designed! (Bet you can't guess that it includes baseball stuff???)

I just finished this card for the first ever Polkadoodles Challenge! Hope you like it!


Well, I guess I need to get to my workspace and crank out another challenge - today IS Wednesday, after all, and a couple of these are due on Thursday!

Have a great night!

Patti J.
~The best exercise for the heart is reaching down and lifting someone else up.

16 comments:

Nilla said...

Beautiful card, Patti! hugs Nilla

Brenda said...

Fabulous card!! Great job on the sketch.

Glittered Paws said...

Love your take on the sketch - and aren't those just the cutest stamps, just perfect for this sketch. I too forgot about the buckle punch - hmmm wheels turning here.

Priscilla said...

Hi Patti, thanks so much for playing...I love you tweak on the sketch and your color combo is awesome. Could you please double check your MMSC link in your comments. the sketch site is
http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com
thank you and good luck :)

Carolyn said...

This is such a sweet card. Love that you came to play with us.

Carolyn, MMDT member
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

Caryl P said...

I love how you flipped the sketch...perhaps that will be my inspiration to work on it. Fabulous card!

Crystal said...

Patti this is sooo adorable love that setiment way too sweet!! Your little birdie and these colors are fantastic!!

Sue McMahon said...

I love how your buckle matches the background!!

Thanks for playing with us this week! Can't wait to see what you do next week!

Sue
http://mcmahonfive.blogspot.com/
MMDT Member

Priscilla said...

Hi Patti, what a cute card...that paper and image and matching buckle are so cute. Thank you for playing with us and sharing your talent. I love your last line in your post.... good luck on the drawing and don't forget to tune in :)

Saskia said...

Lovely card!!

Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Anonymous said...

Love both cards and all these dots :)
Haven't done much lately with the children on holidays and their friends spending the nights here.
But i intend to do at least one today. Hope i don't have to make a cake again today! Teenagers...they don't stop eating!
Hugs xx
Pat

Maria Matter said...

Hi Patti!
I really, really like your MM card! The colors are fab and those little birdies (perfectly placed...I love clear stamps too) are adorable! The design and colors are great too!
And who doesn't love the pink/black & white combo...it's just so fun! Great mix of shapes and patterns. love it!
Blessings, Maria

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Patti! Your papers and colour theme are gorgeous and I love your cute little birdies!

Anna said...

Super cute! Both of the cards are wonderful! You're rocking sketch challenges! Love the way you did the buckle!

Barb said...

Love love love the little birdie card! They are so cute :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Hi Patti!

I love this little card... such sweet images and sentiment. I love birds.

Hey, girl, you need to head over to my blog as I left a little something (or two) for you there!

Just finally catching up on long overdue blog surfing. I've enjoyed catching up with you.

Hugs,
Lisa