Friday, January 30, 2009

TGIF...

CONGRATULATIONS to my awesome friend and teacher, Shirley Hotop for winning the Terrific Trio Contest for The Angel Company. The idea is to use one stamp three ways. Her work is beautiful! You can go to http://www.theangelcompany.net/ and then to Creative Corner, then to Contest Winners. Her entry is on the bottom right - it's a pinkish/purple "tree". You can't miss it! Open the link and say OOOH and AHHH!!! Shirley - I am SO SO SO proud of you!

This has been a long week! It's amazing how much I have enjoyed the time being snowed in here, but it's also a crazy weird feeling to know that I can't get anyplace, as well!!! I had a pretty good conversation with God yesterday, letting him know how much I appreciate the power staying on, which allowed me to clean up my work space so I could start messing it up again!

Poor Stan the Man, got in at O-dark thirty last night, and has had to turn around and head right back to Branson (4+ hours). Hopefully, he'll be back here in the a.m. We have monthly reports and (egads-we forgot them!) W-2's to get out to our employees!

Anyway, enough of that - I have a picture to post, and then I MUST go sit down with my new catalog from The Angel Company (it's their 'magalogue', Serendipity) and make out my new wish list. I am so hopelessly addicted to this hobby! Now, I just MUST figure out a way for it to bring IN some money when I retire! Let me know if you have any ideas!

I got to thinking last night that there are not many cards made to fit in a regular sized stationary envelope, so guess what I made? Yep! A tall skinny card. And with the leftover pieces, my next project will be a Scrapling!

For this card, I used Bazzill c.s., and Inkadinkadoo stamps (it's a prototype for my next class at the Red Rooster, and she sells Inkadinkadoo stamps!). I punched with a straight pin around the tan c.s. I punched out 10 mini hearts and used a black marker to dot them. I used three of the hearts to hide the birds in the tree, and seven for the 'wreath' around the Love stamp. Once I punched all of the holes, the card took just a few minutes to put together. (You can't see it, but I stamped a heart with versamark on the red c.s., giving it a patterned paper look.



Hope you like it!

Have a super Friday night - hope to 'see you' tomorrow!

Patti J.


~Peace out dudes (and dudettes)!

1 comment:

chatdumpgirl said...

I don't know if this is something you could ever use, but i've always had trouble making things like polka dots look 'random'. they always look too precise. anyway, on the zentangle website, they suggest you throw some beans up, letting them land where they may, then draw your dots or whatever where they are. I think that is a great idea!