Sunday, January 11, 2009

Inspiration from California!

So, my crafting acquaintance, Theresa, from sunny California is my inspiration! She never fails to have something posted each day that makes me happy to be a fellow stamper!
I just finished a quick card that I made for someone special who is going through a low spot right now. As soon as I finish this post, I will get it ready for snail mail.

The card is made from DCWV Robin Blue card stock. I used my Fiskar's scalloped edging punch to do the lacy edge. I sponged a tad of distressing in black ink around the edges. I stamped the lady and the saying on off white c.s. I stamped the lady once again on a sheet of printed stock from the DCWV Old World Mat Stack, cut it out, and paper pieced the dress, hat, and purse onto the white. A little coloring with my TomBow markers, some Gelly Roll Glaze Pens and Voila! Ready to mount. I punched the lady with the Purple Marvy oval scalloped punch, and then a piece of black c.s. with the new Green Marvy oval scalloped punch for the mat. I used the ticket punch from Stampin' Up around the saying. I distressed both of these in a Robin's egg blue ink. I dressed it all up with a few eyelets and a piece or ribbon and went to the inside. There I did a little scribbling, stamped the saying, and put some stick on glitzy dots where the openings are on the front page, so the glitz shows through.


All stamps for the card are from The Angel Company, and are the Kallioppe set.
I hope I made someone smile today, and I hope that when the card arrives, it brings a smile to someone special!!!
Shirley, if you are reading, I hope you are LOVING your cruise! It will be fun to see your pictures and hear about all of your adventures.
The dryer just buzzed... off I go!
Patti J.
~Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three days before you need it.

2 comments:

chatdumpgirl said...

adorable, as always. good job

Gilliam Arts said...

It made me smile. Twice! (And I wore another one of chatdumpgirl's rings today). Smiles all around!