Sunday, October 19, 2014

Just Me...

Happy Sunday!

Had a nice service at Church and a great Sunday School group today!
Hope your day was good, as well.

I found a few minutes this afternoon to play, and thought I'd enter a couple of challenges.

The first card was made for one of the Treasure Times Stamps Facebook Group Challenges. 


This particular challenge is for a guest designer spot.  You really should go HERE and join the FB group - they have lots of creative fun, and we all love that, right?  They also have a great website!  Jody, the owner, actually gave her group some digital images to enter the challenges with.  I chose this darling Halloween image.  Ugh...I tried three different times to color, and had one issue after the other, SO... I decided to color only the skin, and paper piece everything else. VOILA!
Wish me luck!!!  I used my Perfect Layers Mini Rulers and mat for the wonderful black layer. See my sidebar for details!

The next card was created for the October Challenge at the Great Impressions Stamps Blog.  


This was a pretty tough challenge for me, as I have ZERO fall or autumn related Great Impressions Stamps, and the challenge theme is:  Autumnal Elegance.  I ended up using some pretty patterned paper, a die, and this wonderful little sentiment, 'Just Me. Thinking of You. #9742 SKU #D405'.  This is an all-time favorite GI stamp - I reach for it often.  It can be made 'cutesy' or 'elegant'.
Hope you like it!!!

There's still time to enter each challenge, so get your craft on and go for it!!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Patti J.

9 comments:

Pam said...

Hello Patti! I just love both of you cards!I've been busy, busy, busy.
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Lisa Lara said...

I love that fun Halloween card Patti. Love the bg trees. The second one is beautiful, love your sentiment panel.

*Vicki* said...

Really sweet Halloween scene Patti!! I really love the leaves and Fall colors in the second card as well!! Glad you found some play time! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Lori Kobular said...

Love both of your cards Patti!! The Halloween one is so much fun and I love the sentiment on the second card too, I can see why it is a go to stamp! I think it is very elegant!

Glittered Paws said...

How cute is this witch - I usually have trouble coloring witches too - are they green or purple or I guess you can make them whatever color you want. Love the fall card too - all it needed was a great sentiment which you used.

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Love both of your cards Patti, they are so wonderful! hugs, Helena

Taunya Butler said...

Beautiful fall card - the paper is so lovely!! And you used a perfect sentiment!! Love it!!

Mynn xx said...

Two beautiful card, Patti! LOVE the autumnal paper you used--perfect for the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Cheryl W said...

Love your paper piecing and your pretty fall leaves card. You've been busy!