Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Designer Choice Challenge - Winter

Hello...

It's time for another great Designer Choice Challenge (DCC) for Repeat Impressions Stamps!

We are thrilled to have an amazing Guest Designer here with us today at
The House that Stamps Built!  Robin Clendenning, is helping us out today, 
and has chosen 'Winter' as her DCC theme.

I'm not quite ready for the snow to fly yet, but I do love creating for winter, so
this was a fun challenge.  I decided to keep it clean and simple.
Here is my card:


I used 2006-H Let it Snow, and 8805-K Snowflakes for this card. I actually cut the flakes apart, making 5 individual stamps - love it!

A bit of the card was masked off on the left, and a lot on the right.  The first batch of flakes were stamped with Versamark, and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Next, I sponged on some distress inks until I had a color I was happy with.  Then I came back in with some navy pigment ink, stamped the sentiment, and filled in the open spaces with more snowflakes.  The final step was adding a wee half-snowball to the sentiment.  Very quick card!

We hope you will join us by creating a winter project, and entering it in Robin's DCC Challenge, at The House that Stamps Built!

Now it's time to check out the inspiration that my talented Rock Star teammates have created for you!

Robin     Cheri     Deonna     Geri     Joy     Karen     Melissa

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs,
Patti J.

13 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Love all the snowflakes! CAS card!

Amy Johnson said...

Too cute Patti!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

So pretty card, Patty! Have a good day.
hugs, Helena

*Vicki* said...

Patti, I just LOVE this!! Gorgeous CAS design with the snowflakes. Love the strip of blue and accent in the wording! HUGS :)

richardbreaks said...

I love your masked area, its one of my fave things to do on a one-layer card.
Super pretty!

Dawnll said...

Another fun design sweetie!

Cheri said...

You just know how to make CAS look so elegant, my dear friend. Absolutely gorgeous card.

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Patti!! The snowflakes are so gorgeous!! Love this!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lena said...

It may be clean and simple,Patti, but it's also very pretty and festive with all those beautiful snowflakes. I love it!
Hugs,
Lena
Lena’s Creations

Lisa Lara said...

CAS perfection Patti.

Donna said...

Great CAS card, great design!

Taunya Butler said...

Love the awesome, cool, wintery look to your card!! It turned out so well - what great images you used and your sponging is so great!! Way to go - You have made winter look good!!

Cheryl W said...

Love this technique, Patti. May have to give it a go myself!