Monday, June 9, 2014

Get Well Soon...

Good morning!
Wow, where did the weekend go?  I still think weekends should be 5 days, and weekdays the remaining two!  lol....
I'm here with a post today for Die-Versions.  I had a bit of messy fun with today's cards. Just a warning, this post is a bit photo heavy.  I needed two get well cards.  Both cards needed to be for folks that have had some major health issues to deal with, and both people love a good laugh.  I hope that these brought them a few giggles this week!  I will show you the finished cards first, followed by the instructions for the backgrounds on each card.

Each card uses the "Fence Background" Whispers DVW-314.  The background was cut only once...read on for details!




To begin, die cut the Fence Background one time, and adhere to a piece of cardstock, using masking type tape, post it notes, whatever you have on hand.  I used some Eclipse masking tape.  Once the die is taped down, take some masking strips, and block off all but one stripe at a time.  Sponge some color onto the white space, move your strips, and repeat, until the piece is completely colored in.  I used a rainbow design - the color possibilities are endless.

Remove the strips that you originally placed on the Fence Background to hold it to your cardstock.

This is what you have.  1. You have the fence background, all ready to use on a project.  2. You have a beautifully colored piece of cardstock to coordinate with your background!
As you can see, in the first photo, I used the Fence Background, and punched a piece from the cardstock for the focal panel.  For the second card, I utilized the negative space from the first card as a frame around the fun image.

You can use any of your background dies this way!
The sentiment on the inside of the second card is a Great Impressions stamp.

 The recipient of the second card, is a lady named Pam.  Pam had to give up her job and income to take care of a son after back surgery, a daughter who is losing a battle to a terminal illness, and PAM broke her ankle last week!  She's totally white headed, nearing 70, and says "Well Crap" all the time.
This QKR Stampede digi image seemed perfect.  I drew the roll of toilet paper around the sentiment.

The second card is going to my stamping bestie's DH, who had a total shoulder replacement last week. He's doing an amazing job with his recovery!  These two have a hot tub that they use almost every single night, so when I saw this fun QKR Stampede image, I knew I had to write a sentiment to incorporate with this very tame and normal card front.  Those of us who know Shirley, know that she is cute as can be, tiny as can be, has very dark, very short hair (no curlers!) and no longer wears glasses,
so this image looks absolutely nothing like her.
However, they both love to laugh, so hopefully, this gave them each a chuckle!

Inside top edge.....we wrote our well wishes just below this sentiment panel.
Inside lower panel!  Used my Perfect Paper Crafting Mini Rulers for the nice mats.  See my sidebar for details!

Thanks for stopping by today!
We hope that you'll do some shopping at Die-Versions when in need of your own background dies, and please check out the Die-Versions blog - there is new inspiration nearly every day!

Patti J.

21 comments:

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Patti!! I love how the Fence die looks with the color and as a stencil!! These are just fabulous!! Love them!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That is one mess of fun cards! I just love the lady with the rollers!

Anne Temple said...

Both of these are great get well cards. Love the bright colors on the first one.

Danni said...

Super duper fun cards!!

Dawnll said...

Oh my goodness these are both hilarious! I love the curlers image just too funny. Thank you for sharing the wonderful background idea...so love a double deal when creating.
You are the talented one my friend.

Glittered Paws said...

OMG - got this card in the mail today and almost wet my britches!!! So funny and DH loved it (although he said I looked a little better)what a cool and appreciated get well card.

richardbreaks said...

These are awesome and SO cheerful! Great ideas, my friend!

Beth Norman said...

I love your backgrounds, and thank you for showing us how you did them. I'm sorry you need to make get well cards, but they will be well appreciated and loved.

Cheryl W said...

Beautiful backgrounds - and how clever of you to figure out how to make two backgrounds at one time! The "lady in rollers" image you shared is hilarious! Love that bikini top. Ha ha

Pat (mspfd) said...

Super duper fun cards -- LOL funny. You did a fabulous job. Thanks for the tutorial -- you achieved a gorgeous look.

Joyce Erb said...

Great cards, love how you used. The die and the colors. The stamp a are a hoot

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Patti, and what a wonderful tutorial!! Thanks for sharing!!

Donna said...

Such bright and cheery cards, they will certainly cheer the recipients up!

Stacey Schafer said...

Love all the bright rainbow color, Patti! Awesome backgrounds!!

Taunya Butler said...

I love the background on this card - so cool and so colorful!! Way to go - looks so lovely!! So I just typed in your site to go to it and it worked fine. I am wondering now if it is something with Bloglovin'.

Pam said...

Both cards are so hilarious Patti! Love the bright colors.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Love the rainbow effect on the cards! A bit of humor always help you feel better.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such fun cards... you made me lough girl! Love the colorful background on the first couple of cards... thanks for the pictures of the steps!

Pattie J. said...

A few chuckles here. and thanks for the tutorial. WEll done

Lynne in NI said...

OMGosh Patti, I nearly fell off my chair when I saw your Oh Crap card!! That's just hilarious! I'm sure your friends will love their fun cards ... and thanks for tips on how to create your beautifully colourful one :)

Shirley said...

Only you could be this clever!! I love both and how you managed it so you could use both BG's..I am saving this. Smiled the whole time I was viewing the cards, both inside and out!!!.