Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What have I been up to?

Hey there, dear friends and family!
I know I have been MIA for the last few days.
I thought I would share what I've been working on!

This is a backdrop for our Vacation Bible School.  The theme is 'Cruise to Friendship Island', and each night is a different theme, like Shipwrecked, Survivor, etc.  The music, games, and crafts all coordinate with the theme of the evening.
This tarp is laying across TWO long folding tables!

The finished product.

This says 'Cruise to Friendship'

The left top corner

The right top corner.  Pretty silly clouds, but hey....drawing on canvas is a bit tricky, and erasers do not work!  lol...

Please ignore the beautiful row of binder clips at the top.  'Someone' should have sewn a casing prior to painting.....hmmmmm....now I really have to come up with a Plan B.  I'm so stinkin' proud of myself! DH bought me a Silhouette for my birthday, way back in April, and I've been a bit intimidated by it.
I actually cut the words of the bible verse out, and used them as a stencil!
The birds and anchor is also cut with my machine, and stenciled on.
Yay me!

In other news, our church secretary has been in the hospital for several weeks. Another lady and I have been sharing the work week, and filling in while our dear secretary is ill.  This old retired lady is not used to being up, showered, breakfast prepared, served, and cleaned up, and being 18 miles away by 8:00 a.m. anymore!
I will get here when I can, and will drop in on you all when I can!

In the meantime...

Have a good day, and thanks for being patient with me while I'm away!

Thanks for stopping by,
Patti J.

12 comments:

Shirley said...

Love what you have created for the classes! It is wonderful and what you call an error with the clouds actually adds interest. Art is always perfect, we just fight it! LOLOL Great use of your new tool too!

Cheryl W said...

Your tarp backdrop is awesome, Patti! Now that you're well initiated on that Silhouette, I can't even imagine the wonderful things you'll be creating! Happy crafting!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, you did such a fabulous job with the backdrop, Patti!! It looks amazing!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Dawnll said...

Your just so amazing my friend. The banner is wonderful and you did a fantastic job. Hope your taking care of yourself.

Lynne in NI said...

'Yay You' is right! What a fabulous creation.... Bible School will be delighted for sure x

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a fantastic labor of love, Patti. I have many fond memories of Vacation Bible School as a child and I know your efforts, while probably won't be fully appreciated by the children, has blessed your own heart many times over. Fantastic and LARGE creation is something to be very proud of. I think the larges canvas I have ever worked on was a 5X7...LOL

Taunya Butler said...

This is, in a word, AMAZING!! Good for you - what a totally cool accomplishment!! You are a delight, so Thank you!!

Donna said...

It turned out great! They will be inpressed.

MaryH said...

What a wonderful project. I read the comment about your Silhouette, and that you've just used it. Well done for you! Mine is about 3 yrs old, and I'm STILL intimidated! You did great with yours, and I liked the clouds too! I can just imagine that canvas is pretty tricky to work with. Looked great to me. Take care, don't get too overloaded. Off to enjoy some of your earlier posts. TFS & Hugs

Pam Sparks said...

wow Patti! this is so cool! Bible School was always so much fun! and you have a Silhouette! What a great b-day gift! So happy for you girl! Enjoy the job/challenge! Made me smile… I'm terrible at getting up and getting out of the house!

Pam said...

Wow! You did a fabulous job,looks great!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Beth Norman said...

What a terrific project. I don't know how you managed to tackle such a large tarp. You amaze me.