Thursday, August 30, 2012

Clean and Simple Fun

Mornin' peeps!

Today's share consists of two very easy cards.  One is for my Chemo Card Angel lady, and one is for a very sick little girl that has recently been diagnosed with leukemia.

This first card was one that my friend Shirley had picked out for us to try at one of our 'play' days!  We take turns with ideas, and it's always a lot of fun to see what the other finds to CASE!

Amuse CS, Ink, Washi Tape, and flower die.

This card uses all Amuse products (Shirley is a demo if you need any product...).  We die cut the shape, put patterned paper behind it, a wee strip of Washi tape (also Amuse), and a button finished it off. Can you say easy-peasy?  Woweee!!!
 
This next card was fun, too.  The last issue of CardMaker, had a card by Michelle Woerner on the front cover.  She used all sorts of Washi tape on her card.  I didn't have any, so I used some randomly cut strips from a pad of patterned papers that I got free in a copy of an Australian magazine, Cardmaking and Papercraft.  Added a quick sentiment and a bit of bling!  As I didn't want to have to take a chance on a crooked sentiment, I stamped first, and adhered paper strips second.

Cardstock, Kate Knight "Totally Tropical" Summer Papers, Want2Scrap, Repeat Impressions "Thinking of You"


Ta da!  Two very quick cards!  I doubt that either card took more than 15 minutes to create. I've always been a bit afraid of CAS cards, but it's a style that is SO growing on me!

Hope your week is going well, and that your weekend holds some fun!  DH has three days off, and we are so excited!  That doesn't happen too often, and we are looking forward to some time together.

Thanks for stopping by - I'm off to see what you've been up to!

Hugs,
Patti J.

21 comments:

Patti P. said...

Patti, love both of these, your CAS is perfect. I may have to case these myself. Hope you and hubby have a wonderful weekend and saw on FB about your new workout program, congrats already and wishing you much success.
hugs...

Betty Benton said...

Terrific cards, Patti! I love the color and the little open space with the button on the first card and the festive look of the second. Best of all, if they're easy.....I just may have to CASE!

Netty said...

Loving both your beautiful cards. Thank you for the info re flower challenge and wishing you both a terrific time together. Annette x

Amanda Mertz said...

Great cards! Love the simplicity of the flower card with just the one color and white! And what a great way to use small strips as you showed in the 2nd card! TFS!

Michelle Woerner said...

Both of these cards are great and fun! I love to use the negative piece of die cuts on my cards too!

AND I want to say how much I love the cards of yours that were in the CM magazine. That trio of rose photo cards was STUNNING!! Hugs to you -michelle

Monika/Buzsy said...

Sweet card Patti. Especially love the first one with the flower "window".

Cheryl W said...

Both of these cards are really pretty. The recipients will think it took you much longer than 15 minutes!

kssdesigns said...

I have cased both of these cards too. I really like the strips of paper layout because it uses up all those little scraps we all have so many of. I love how bright yours turned out!

Mau xx said...

Hi Patti, Thanks for calling by my friend, I have been so lapse in my blogging of late :( I seem as though we are never in and when we are I am tired out....lol
Had a peek back at your latest creations and they are beautiful as always :)
I love these two...the Turquoise one of course is my favourite as its MY colour, but both are super. xxx
Hope you enjoy some Hubby time and the weather is kind whatever you do.
Hugs Mau xx

Iris said...

Patti, both cards are gorgeous! Love the monochromatic-ness of the first card and the bright colors of the second. I can't wait to see you make more cards as you play around with CAS cards! :)Have a good time together!

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love both of these Patti!! That cut out flower is awesome with the "smile" sentiment!! Such fun floral paper strip design on the second one as well!! :) TFS!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Two amazing CAS cards, Patti J. I just adore that polka dot paper! Eek!

Anonymous said...

Really like both cards and so easy peasy to make. Always need easy cards when ideas don't flow.
Hope to see you & Shirley the end of the month.
Marian

Glittered Paws said...

Well of course I love them - "duh" - the second card is amazing and very creative - I am sure both cards will be very much appreciated. I love doing the negative image technique - especially with "AMuse" dies!!!

Lorie said...

As always your cards are fantastic! You are the bomb!

Audrey Frelx said...

Patti, beautiful cards -- both of them!

My prayers go out to the little girl with leukemia, and prayers to her family as well! I know your card will be so very much appreciated, kind lady!

Cheri said...

Tah-dah!!!! This is a perfect redition of Michelle's card!!! You rock!!!

Julie Robinson said...

Love the blue Flower One. What a fun design and layout!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love both of these designs. Great cards, Patti!

Pam Sparks said...

so fun Patti! love the strips...so creative and pretty!

Anonymous said...

What AWESOME Cards....especially LOVE the first one!!!!! So crisp and pretty!!! Thank you SO much for following my blog!!! I'm not happily following yours as well!!! Hope you're having a very blessed day!!