Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Black & White Plus One...

Hello!

It's time for a new Designer's Choice Challenge for Repeat Impressions!  
This week, I am your challenge hostess, and my challenge to you is this:  
Create a card or project using the colors black, white, and one other color of your choice.  

Repeat Impressions Dream, Inspire, Hope (3101W), Fern (1708W),  Adirondack Lettuce Dye Ink, October Afternoon 905 Collection Green Button, Black Twine from my stash, Perfect Layers Tools
I chose the Dream, Inspire, Hope stamp for my focal piece.  I stamped the sentiment on this piece, and then attached it to the next largest white panel with some removable two sided tape. I then attached those two panels to the largest white panel, again, using removable tape.  The Fern was randomly stamped on the white panels.  When it looked the way I wanted, I pulled the panels apart, and mounted each of them on black mats. Voila!


Be sure to check out the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built, for challenge details!
We would love to see your card entered in the challenge!  Someone will be a lucky winner!


My fellow Rockstars have some beautiful creations to share with you today too!  Stop by and see what they have created with black, white, and one other color :)


Cheri   *   Dawn   *   Joy   *   Karen   *   Kecia   *   Lynette   *   Makiko


My wonderfully straight edges were cut using my Perfect Layers Tools.  Remember, you can use any rotary cutter, or craft knife with these tools!  Be sure to use the code on my sidebar if you decide to try them - you'll get 5% off.  Check out their website for a video tutorial.


Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs and blessings,
Patti J.

25 comments:

Lorie said...

That is just gorgeous Patti!

Dawnll said...

Love your nice and straight layers...lol
This is a beauty and the perfect colors.

Unknown said...

Very chic card Patti. Love just black and white and the stamp in the middle.
Hope you have a lovely evening.
Hugs xx

Unknown said...

Fab card Patti, love the way the papers just seem to flow and the beautiful colour choice. Hugs Suzanne

Donna said...

Beautiful card Pat, I really enjoy this technique!

Danni said...

How pretty!! Love the layered look!

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh this is so pretty Patti, and a perfect button too!

Lynette said...

This is a very pretty card and a great technique - awesome, Patti! And thanks for a fun challenge!

Audrey Frelx said...

Love this card and love how you did the trilogy of frames around the word collage!

I'll have to try one of your challenges one day, although I'm really not the best card maker, they're still fun to make!!! LOL!

Hugs, my friend!

Beate said...

Patti, that is gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

Cheri said...

Blogger is NOT playing nice. Second time I'm trying to send you a message.
LOVE your challenge and your card, my friend. Your such an inspiration for me.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful Patti!! Love your design and the colors used. Gorgeous work!
hugs,
Chris

joy said...

Fabulous layering! I love how you created your own dp with the background stamp. Cute button - love the little detailing on it.

Amanda Mertz said...

What a great card using the Triple Time Stamping technique. I like how the black makes the images really pop! TFS!

Theresa's Studio said...

Love your challenge. Great card! Your designs at THTSB are all great!

Iris said...

Love Patti! The color combo for this challenge is both simple and gorgeous! The layering and stamping are an awesome technique and it looks amazing on your card too. Great job!

Sue said...

Very pretty card, Patti, saw this technique on SCS this week and have a stamp I want to try this with, now you have given me the inspiration.

Hugs
Sue

Cheri said...

This is fantastic, Patti. I wondered how you got those ferns in such perfect order....you are so creative!

Shirley said...

Came looking for inspiration and found it here, dear lady!! Love the whole design!!! Great for CAC stamps too!

Carolyn King said...

what an inspiring card! love how you framed those words with the foliage!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this Patti!! Truly gorgeous design!! :) Enjoy your weekend!

Auntie Em said...

Your card is beautiful! This style is much more difficult than it looks to get it all lined up perfectly! I love the pretty ferns and the black matting!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Joan Ervin said...

This is gorgeous, Patti...the three step stamping design looks fabulous and I love the fern stamp you used!!!!!

Lynne in NI said...

Hey Patti ... just checkin that you knew you'd won over at All That Scraps blog. Congrats!

Pat said...

Patti, I just became a follower of your blog and had fun enjoying your awesome creations. This black and white one plus one is so crisp and clean...very elegant!