Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Thanks!

Hi there, my friends!

Hope that your day is going well.  In Missouri, the sun is shining (temporarily, I'm told), there is no wind, no icy, snowy precip, and temps are mid-forties.  Ahhh.....life is good!

I have a card to share today, that I actually made to enter a couple of challenges.  I know, don't faint!  I've not been doing so well at that lately!

I'm entering the Impression-Obsession challenge, "Oldies but Goodies".

I chose to use this fun and fabulous Sketches by Carly sketch #48.and will enter the challenge there, as well.



Here is my card:


The funny thing about this card, is that a couple of challenges ago, at Impression-Obsession's blog, the challenge was "Pink".  So, believe it or not, this image was stamped, and colored in RV 06 Copic marker. As you know, that is a nearly glow in the dark pink color!  This challenge is "Oldies but Goodies".  We are supposed to use an older I-O stamp.  I wasn't sure which of my stamps were 'older', so decided that I'd just try to make it LOOK like an older stamp...ha ha ha.  So, here you have it - my Oldie but Goody!  When all else fails, pretend that you know what you are doing and folks will believe you do!!!


Supply list:

Stamps: Impression Obsession, Thanks Collage
Card Base: BoBunny Dotted CS
DP: My Mind's Eye, 'Love Me' collection, Kraft Cardstock (mats)
Ribbon: Stampin'Up Seam Binding (thanks Amanda!!!)
Brown CS: Amuse
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Antique Linen and Tea Dye

I am on day three today, of cleaning and purging in my girl cave.  How in the world do we accumulate and KEEP so much 'stuff' that we no longer use, never use, probably never WILL use???  Heaven help me, I'm becoming a reclusive hoarder!   Tee hee....

Have a great day - thanks so much for stopping by today!  I'll be back tomorrow with a cutie from Doodle Pantry, and on Thursday, I'll have my final project using Melanie Muenchingers fabulous Stately Flowers 2 set.  Hope to see you again soon!

Hugs,
Patti J.

Food for thought: We can't do too much about our ancestors, but OMG, how we can influence our descendants!!!

32 comments:

Lorie said...

Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS Patti! I love the colors! good job on your decluttering...it is a hard job to do!

Kristine said...

That is soo PRETTY! Love things stamped on brown/kraft c.s. Great job on Carly's sketch... I'm very tickled that you played along this week!! *Ü*

De-cluttering? You go girl! I gotta say... that's so hard for me to do as I always think I'll use it sometime down the road. Guess I'm a bit of a hoarder too?! Yikes, lol.

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful card! Decluttering? What's that? Ha, ha.

Shirley said...

I love your card, Patti! How very very lovely and elegant. The aging around the edges of the image and flower are wonderful! Thanks for playing, Patti, and good luck in the drawing too!

Janice said...

What a rebel !! This is beautiful, love the look. When you finish stop by my place to help be declutter.....

Paula Huiras said...

I love this design. You did it very well.
PH

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - love the rose and it does look vintage - pretty coloring with your copics, and love the ribbon.When you finish with your room - hmm...I know a friend that has a HUGE room that needs to be decluttered - like before we sell this house.

Paula Huiras said...

I love this design. You did a great job.
PH

Paula Huiras said...

Love your design. You did a great job.
PH

Mau xx said...

Hi Patti, sorry I haven't been around much since Christmas, Struggled with Health alittle and then lack of Mojo but getting to grips with both slowly :))
I will catch up now and see what you have been up to xxxxxx
Superb card, Love the layout and the stamped image... and of course we understand that you know what you are doing....lol

Mau xx said...

Forgot to say I love your new profile picture xxxxxx

kssdesigns said...

Great card. Love how the flower looks like it's coming off the page! Good luck!

kssdesigns said...

Great card. Love how the flower looks like it's coming off the page! Good luck!

Kim Dellow said...

Lovely card, love the colours. Kim

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Lovely card Patti. Vewry elegant and nice colors.
Lovely greet
Marja

Netty said...

I love your philosophy Patti......its been mine ever since I started crafting 2 years ago....lol
Beautiful card and a great take on the sketch, x

Patti P. said...

You look like you know what you are doing to me....this is such a great LO and love the "old" stamp. You know that I love vintage and aged looks. Beautiful job. We have had a glorious day here in VA as well, feels like a spring day. I have been straightening my room but don't have the nerve nor initiative to do a complete overhaul. Good luck!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

U go girl, de-clutter away! I think most of my IO stamps are older ones, so I would not have a problem. This was quite the slick maneuver, but shhhh, I won't tell. Gorgeous rose.

Beate said...

I love your card, Patti. Especially the center panel. Gorgeous!
Hugs and smiles

Dawnll said...

LOL
Your so hilarious...I am also de-cluttering and organizing..I am so surprised I have let it get this bad.
Love that you played in some challenges good for you.

redwasher1 said...

WOW!! I love this beautiful card!!!

NinaB said...

Beautiful card, Patti. I read below you're having an MRI. I hope you're okay.

Jessie said...

I love the colours! It's a really beautiful card Patti!

craftieodmae said...

love the rose!!!!!! I know what you mean about stuff, but we gotta have it!!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OH my word... this is gorgeous! It's totally a "WOW" card! Absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

absolutely love the colors!

http://www.thehunsblog.com w/ retired Stampin' Up GIVEAWAY!!

Amanda Mertz said...

So pretty as always! I love how you made the rose look old! Great job. And I can't believe you have any of that seam binding left! Stop hoarding it girl! =) Have fun cleaning out your cave! I have some of that to do but it keeps getting put off to so stamping! Have a great day! TFS!

Bonnie Weiss said...

Oldie but Goodie ... that's what I feel like most days! Your card certainly met the challenge. Nice job.

Pam Sparks said...

A couple of my granddaughters love RV06! I don't even own it myself because it's so bright but I knew it was a have to have for little colorers! lol You did great toning it down! Awesome card!

Every time I try to make things better in my stamp room, it makes it worse because I can never finish... I. give. up! lol

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful card Patti!!!

Carly said...

Hi Patti!:)
This card is so pretty! Love all of the elegance.:)

xxCARLYxx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Spectacular take on Carly's sketch! Gorgeous card, Patti!