Thursday, January 19, 2012

Melanie's Camellia's....and Winner announced!

Good morning, and Happy Thursday!

If you are where that snow is, brrrrr...........keep warm!  
We went from 68 degrees one evening, to tornado warnings in the night, and 14 degrees the next morning here in Missouri.  Mother Nature certainly enjoys surprising us!!!

I'm here today to share a card created with another fabulous image and sentiment from Melanie Muenchinger's set, "Stately Flowers 2".  This is my third week of working as a guest designer.  It's been such a delight, working with Melanie, and her stamps, that I hate for the month to end!

This time, I chose to use the Camellia.  I think it is so beautiful to work with.  Each petal is so well defined, that I decided to color the image on the CS itself, and then three additional times, so that I could fussy cut and layer the flower for dimension.  

All coloring with Copic Markers. Ribbon is May Arts. Pearls are ZVA. Line is drawn with a Zig Writer Pen. Card base is Kraft CS.  Card front is TAC Birch.


Here is a shot from the side, showing all four layers of flower.  I only layered the leaves twice, again, hoping that the flower would pop. 

I simply can't believe that my month with Melanie is nearly over!  Time really does fly when one is having fun!  Rest assured that I will be using this wonderful set over and over!   See you again next Thursday!

The winner from my blog, of the new release templates from the Creations by AR Blog Hop is:  VIDETTE !!!    

Congratulations!!!  Please email Adela:   creationsbyar at sbcglobal dot net  to claim your templates!

Just for grins, I think I will enter this in the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger Challenge - here is their inspiration photo...

And....Let's Ink It Up: Anything Goes (No Digi Images)....

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope life is treating you well. 

Don't forget to count those many blessings!
Patti J.

35 comments:

richardbreaks said...

Wow, that's gorgeous. I love all the depth. Great job!

Bonnie Weiss said...

Wow, that card was a lot of work but well worth it ... so very pretty with all of the layers and the pink. It is sure to send comforting thoughts.

Iris said...

There's new snow everyday this week!! And i thought we wouldn't get any!

Gorgeous card!! I love the detail, dimension, and the coloring!! The simplicity is amazing too! Love it!!

Dawnll said...

This is just stunning-I just love the layering of the flower.You know how I love flowers and fussy cutting.
I will be sad that your month will be done also.
Thanks for sharing and stay warm my friend

Netty said...

Congratulations to the winner.
Loving your gorgeous card Wanda, especially the fab flower. x

Judy Inukai said...

Beautiful card. I was delighted when I won this set from Melanie's blog candy recently. I think the camellia is my favorite image. It's been fun to see a fellow Missourian as her guest designer.

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL!!~

Pat (mspfd) said...

What beautiful work, Patti. The flower is amazing. Wonderful elegant design.

Thanks for the lovely comment!

Liana Miranda said...

Adoro esse efeito 3D !!!

Obrigada, pelas dicas.

STAMPING SAM said...

This card is simply lovely! Love the detailed work you put into it. What else can I say - uhm, how about Picture Perfect!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You have raised the Camellia flower to new heights! (pun intended) Just gorgeous, my friend!

Mandy said...

Stunning creation Patti! Love the layers, the flower looks fabulous!

xx

Michele Kovack said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Nicki Olsen said...

Oh how pretty Patty!!
I love the pink and the sparkle on that gorgeous flower really makes it pop!!
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!!
Hugs,
Nicki

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful sympathy card, Patti!! I just love the dimension!! Gorgeous in pink too!!
hugs,
Chris

Sue said...

I love her flowers and what a beautiful card you made with them.
We got blasted today too. Went to the movies and when we came out complete white out all the way home!

Hugs
Sue

Grace said...

Another beautiful creation Patti! I love the popped up image... and the CAS layout, which really sets off the image all the more! Beautiful! Hope you are warming up out there! It's been colder here too but not 18! Got into the 20s but for this winter that's cold! This is the winter that wasn't here! Not complainin!!!
hugs,
Grace

Lorie said...

WOW! That is lovely Patti! GREAT job!

Glenda Atkins said...

A gorgeous, elegant card!!

Jessie said...

I love the depth you created with the flowers, it was so worth the work!

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so pretty! I like the layering on your flower.

Mother Nature is throwing crazy weather at us over here on the east coast as well....wonder if she is going through menopause?

Thanks for sharing your beautiful card! :)

Amanda Mertz said...

Stunning card Patti! Your layered flower is gorgeous! TFS!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous! love how you popped up this flower.

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Patti! LOVE your sparkly layered flower and the frame you added.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs and smiles

The Other Patti Sue said...

Simply beautiful my friend! Lovin the way you added dimension with your flower!

Stef H said...

this is GORGEOUS! i took a copy as i may just have to case this one - yeah, i even put from who i got it!!!!

i just love your new picture! you look smashing!!!

yeah, stay warm. we should FIRE mother nature!!!

hugs sweetie!

Gail said...

just beautiful patti..and love your new pic(avatar)..you're gaw-jous..loves ya

Gail said...

just beautiful patti..and love your new pic(avatar)..you're gaw-jous..loves ya

Maria Matter said...

oh this is beautiful Patti, really beautiful! love how you layered it!!
It's perfect for the Moxie Fab World!
hugs & blessings

Unknown said...

Oh my Patti just beautiful. I love the flower stamp and simplistic design. Thanks for taking part in our challenge this month at LIIU, good luck. Hugz Suzanne

Lynne in NI said...

What a stunner! Sympathy cards are definitely the hardest to make, but you did a fabulous job!

Brenda said...

Simply gorgeous card Patti!!! You sure are doing a fabulous job showcasing Melanie's set.

Pam Sparks said...

so pretty in pink and all popped up Patti! oh, the weather... so glad I don't have to be out and about every day! Take care!

Mau xx said...

This is Gorgeous Patti, Its so difficult to make Sympathy cards but this is perfect xx

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Patti! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)