Thursday, January 26, 2012

Stately Flowers 2 with Tutorial

Good morning fellow crafters!

I'm not sure who stole the month of January out from under us, but it's nearly gone!  I've had such fun creating with Melanie Muenchingers stamp set, Stately Flowers 2.  This is my last post as Melanie's guest designer, but I will be using this set often!

Along with a card using the Goldenrod images, I have a photo tutorial for you, sharing the process used for the card.  I haven't done too many tutorials, so please feel free to contact me if you have questions about anything shown below.  

Start with white panel and Brushed Cordoury Distress Ink.

Using foam dauber, and a circular motion, sponge entire panel with ink.  I always work on my craft mat.  Start your cirular motion OFF the page, bringing it in toward the center for better results.

Next, use the same technique with Rusty Hinge ink, but keep the sponging toward the outside edge of the panel.



Choose the smallest Goldenrod image from Stately Flowers 2.

Begin stamping with Rusty Hinge, around all four edges of your panel.


Next, choose your sentiment and the largest Goldenrod image from Stately Flowers.  Place them on your block where desired, and stamp them on the plastic sheet using a guide.  I love the Stamp-a-ma-jig for this.  Once stamped on the plastic, it is easy to align your Stamp-a-ma-jig for stamping on your panel.

Once stamping is completed, mat your panel onto your choice of cardstock.  I chose black.

Next choose another panel for background.  I chose a black and white tiny gingham check.  Cut a piece or ribbon long enough to secure on the back of your background piece, and adhere.
It will look like this.  Once ribbon is secure, adhere this panel to card front.


Turn focal panel over, and adhere dimensional foam.

Add focal panel to card.  Tie a knot in a scrap of ribbon, and adhere to panel with glue dot.

Supplies: Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury White CS, Stately Flowers 2 stamps, Gingham & Black CS, A muse Studios, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black, Dimensional Foam (Michael's), Sor-Tape

I have one more card to show, using the single flower Missouri Hawthorne stamp.  Let me know you need any information on how it was created.  I think it's probably pretty self-explanatory.

Supplies: GKD Pure Luxury White CS, Pink Bazzill CS, Scor-Pal, Copic Markers, Spica Glitter Pen (for dots on score lines), Baker's Twine (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Martha Stewart Border Punch (inside of card).


Have a wonderful day!

Patti J.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great tutorial Patti, I love it! Thank you for sharing it. Both cards are so gorgeous.
Hugs xx

Melanie said...

Terrific tutorial Patti, your photos are terrific! I like the way the black ribbon skips and think this is a terrific vintage background, this piece is suitable for framing! Hugs!

Betty Benton said...

Lovely cards, both of them! So glad you got to play with Melanie's flowers this month; have enjoyed your cards!

kssdesigns said...

These are beautiful. Don't you just love your stampamajig! I don't know how I ever lived without mine. Love the little grid patterned card too. Those little black dots really make the design pop!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

This is a great tutorial.Thank you for sharing.Both cards are so beautiful.
Helena

craftieodmae said...

Fantastic tutorial!!!! That first card is just eye popping gorgeous!!!! Love the second one too!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Patti what a clearly explained awesome tutorial. I find the mysteries of stamping and distressing somewhat beyond me but your tutorial was so lucid and cear I think I can try my hand at it. Thank You Patti

Netty said...

Beautiful cards Patti and a great tutorial, x

Bonnie Weiss said...

Love the use of the Distress Inks ... I've got to get some of those giant daubers (the finger daubers just don't do the same job).

Judy Inukai said...

They are both great cards and your tutorial was great. I love how you did the border with the smaller goldenrod. Thanks for the great inspiration for Stately Flowers 2. I love that set.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Great tutorial! Both cards are lovely! I really like the first the bestest!

Lorie said...

Oh, Patti my friend...you tutorial is great and your cards are beautiful!

Dawnll said...

Great tutorial!
How sweet of you to share.
Both of these cards are beauties
I have enjoyed your month of guesting

Iris said...

You're cards are beautiful! The colors are amazing and love the scoring on the second card! Awesome! Great job!

Grace said...

Oh my goodness Patti these are both gorgeous! Great job with your tutorial... very clear and beautifully done!!! I love these images and the layouts on both are just fabulous! Sooooo lovely!!! Thanks for the birthday wishes!!!
hugs,
Grace

Christa said...

oww this is so beautiful love you tutorial hugs christa

Sandy Ang said...

both cards look lovely !

Kary said...

Hi Patti! You've done such a great job with Melanie's set!! LOVE both these cards!! They are fabulous. Well done!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Amazing! Great tutorial. Love your color choice, Patti. You and Mel are both magicians!

Carole said...

Thanks for the tutorial Patti, I will be giving this a try. Both cards are gorgeous and I'm still looking for the oval shaped daubers. Hugs ... Carole

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - and the tutorial was right on!!! If I had to choose I don't know which one I would pick, as my favorite. And I love the stamp set.

Glenda Atkins said...

Thanks for the wonderful tutorial, love both cards. I have not made a flower card for so long, your cards are giving me the itch to do so:0)

Miesje said...

Patti, these are beautiful cards and your tutorial was perfect! Great background!

AmethystCat said...

beautiful cards, Patti! The tutorial was fantastic! I'm in awe of your talent! It's really a beautiful way to put a card together and you made it look so easy! well done!

Beate said...

Both cards look beautiful, Patti! Great tutorial. Hugs and smiles

Sue from Oregon said...

Beautiful!

Becky said...

Beautiful card Patti..Great tutorial.

kendell said...

I love both cards, thanks for sharing the tutorial. Kindest regards