Thursday, January 5, 2012

Melanie's Stately Flowers

Good morning!

Here's hoping that you are off to a wonderful 2012!  Ours has started off very well.

I have a wonderful treat for you this morning!  Today's card features the Missouri Hawthorne, from Melanie Muenchinger's new release, "Stately Flowers 2".  Melanie is an illustrator for Gina K. Designs, and I'm sure that you've seen many of her beautiful sets at the Gina K. Designs Store.  If not, it's certainly worth the trip!
In addition to her illustrations for Gina K. Designs, she is a wonderful wife and mother.  I'm a long time follower, and it's always fun to check out Melanie's Blog to see what's happening in her family!

I was very pleased and honored when Melanie invited me to guest design with her new set this month.  Seeing as I'm a Missouri gal, it made it even more special to be asked to work with this particular set!  Thanks Melanie, for asking me!

This card began with a base of Bazzill Dotted Swiss Cardstock.  A z-fold was created, by scoring in the exact center, then in the center of the card front.  Using a Martha Stewart Border Punch, and some Gina K. Designs Digital Paper, a border was created at the bottom of the card, on both the inside and outside of card.  The rest is pretty self-explanatory, but if you have questions, please feel free to ask!

Supplies: Bazzill Dotted Swiss CS, Pale Pink CS scraps, Green GKD Cardstock scraps, Copic Markers, Circle Nestability Dies, Pearls (ZVA),  Floral Frenzy Digital Paper Pack, Spica Green Glitter Pen for 'doodling' on edge of circle, Glossy Accents (flower centers), Recollections Dimensional Squares (popped up two of the flowers on the front, for dimension), Scor-tape.

I almost forgot to mention - our friend Melanie is also an author!!!  Her first book, "A Year of Flowers", was recently published, and is available at Annie's Attic!  With this book, you can create 36 beautiful cards for all occasions, and are organized by month and holiday!  Detailed, step-by-step instructions and photos make it easy for crafters of all experience levels to enjoy making beautiful homemade cards!  If you have Melanie's "A Year of Flowers" Stamp Set, you can easily copy any of the cards in her book.  If you don't have the set, you can, of course, use Melanie's designs, and substitute any floral stamps that you have on hand.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Enjoy the rest of your week - it's almost Friday!  I'll be back next Thursday to showcase another of Melanie's beautiful Stately Flowers 2.

Hugs and blessings,
Patti J.

33 comments:

Shirley Hotop said...

Very pretty - I would not have had the first clue how to color a hawthorne!!! Love the Z-fold style and the coloring is as always spectacular!!!

KellyRae said...

What a beautiful card Patti! Congratulations on being Melanie's guest designer this month - a very WELL deserved honor. Your coloring is absolutely gorgeous on those blooms - what Copic colors did you use? I love how you popped up some of the blooms to give the focal image some extra dimension.

richardbreaks said...

NICE, Patti! I love that Hawthorne stamp!

Melanie said...

Well done, Patti! Love your coloring, thanks for letting em know abut the marker, I think I was eyeballing that one the other day actually! :) (Good grief, guest was mistyped in the title, I have corrected that now that I'm home, eek!)

Auntie Em said...

Your card is awesome Patti! I love the fold you used and the stamp is so pretty. I can't wait for spring and the wild flowers...or garden flowers! Tired of winter and it's only beginning...D'oh!
Thank you for sharing! :)

Judy Inukai said...

What a gorgeous card. I won that wonderful set as blog candy recently on Melanie's blog and am axiously awaiting its arrival. As a fellow Missourian (St. Louis)I was delighted to see the Hawthorn included in her new set.

Pam Sparks said...

I'm gonna have to pay attention next time I'm in MO for this flower! hehe Our youngest lives just 5 minutes into MO from IA. It's lovely and so is your card!

Pam Sparks said...

I forgot to say Congrats on the guest DT job!

Curt in Indy said...

That is quite the honor! You did a beautiful job with her stamp set. I love the type of card you created. Very cool! The colors are very soothing and sweet. Great job on this! Hope you are well! Best, Curt

Theresa's Studio said...

Congrats on being GD for Melanie's blog. What a beautiful job on this card....love the colors and coloring. Great dsign.

Bonnie Weiss said...

What a pretty image, card fold/design and embellishments. You sure did the stamp set justice and I'm sure that Melanie is more than happy with your creative design.

Mau xx said...

Happy New Year my dear Friend, I hope it full of Blessings for you and yours.
Love the card, and your Colour combo is lovely xxxx

Stef H said...

i am speechless! this is gorgeous. i just got my copy of CARDMAKING magazine and melanie is the featured guest. she's showing how she makes tons of flowers.

you did great - absolutely LOVE it!

hugs :)

Danni said...

Beautiful card!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely stunning my friend! Congrats on your guest designer post!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How soft and beautiful Patti!! I just love the fold of the card and your soft colors!!! Beautiful floral image!! Congrats on being a guest designer. You deserve it!!

Hope all is well!
hugs,
Chris

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fantastic project Patti. I love Melanie's style and her designs are awesome. You worked wonders with with set for sure. Love the creative design too.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are getting back into the routine. Hugs to you!

Dawnll said...

Oh my goodness this is just so beautiful. What a stunning set.
How wonderful that she asked you-not surprised at all.
Glad your 2012 is starting well sweetie
Happy New Year

Betty Benton said...

A spectacular card!! Will look forward to more creations from you with Mel's stamps this month!

Glenda Atkins said...

Very beautiful card and I really like that fold! Awesome!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Having had the honor to guest design for Mel, I know what you are saying. Her sets are lovely and make creating so much fun, as is evident by this gorgeous creation, PJ. I am just thrilled for her and the new book.

Terri J said...

Beautiful! Congrats on being a guest designer, what fun! Enjoy!

Beate said...

Patti, your card is gorgeous. Congratulations on the guest design team spot. Wonderful news.
Hugs and smiles

Crystal said...

GORGEOUS Patti, WOW LOVE this design girly!!!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Happy New Year sweetie!!!!!

Lorie said...

You are good at keeping secrets girlie! This is gorgeous! Congrats on designing!

Grace said...

Ooooh Patti... this is beautiful!!! Congrats on your GD spot for Melanie! You certainly did her proud with this!!! I'm such a flower lover... I hope you have a very happy and blessed new year my friend!!!
hugs,
Grace

AmethystCat said...

Wow. Wow. Wow. LOVE this card!

Donna said...

Beautiful card, so many special details. Hope you're back up on your feet soon.

Brenda said...

Congratulations Patti on being Mel's guest designer. Have fun, I look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous creations from this set.
Hugs

Amanda Mertz said...

Such an elegant card Patti! You did this image justice...Beautiful with a capital B! TFS!

Lynne in NI said...

Congratulations on your guest designer post!
Gorgeous card, beautiful inside and out!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Fabulous card Patti!! I love the special fold on this one! Congrats on your guest spot. I agree Melanie's stamps are gorgeous.

Gail said...

this is sooo pretty..love the design and the colors..wow..tfs..loves ya