Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Winter Church

Hello!

The week is just flying by.  It's so much fun to know that Thursday afternoon, our DS will be flying in for a few days from California.  I haven't seen him since February, and I'm so looking forward to his visit.  Hopefully, you are all getting excited about visiting with family, as well.

Things have been a bit hectic, so I decided this morning that I needed to sit down and create a card just because I wanted to!

The Impression-Obsession image and sentiment were stamped directly onto white Express-It cardstock.  Coloring was done using Copic markers, and everything was glittered up a bit with Frosted Lace Stickles.  I wish you could see this in real life - it's so 'purty'!!!

Impression Obsession H1850-Winter Church, D8623 Peaceful Season Wishes


The ribbon is from my scrap bin, and the snowflake was punched using my nameless old generic punch.  This makes me think of some of the photography that our DD takes.  She loves to shoot photos of old country churches with serene backgrounds.

Well, since I have a few hours to spare, I think I shall enter this in the challenge at Impression Obsession, which is to use no DP.

Have a great day!

Hugs and smiles,
Patti J.


Food for thought:  Worry never made a day go faster.

23 comments:

Donna C. said...

Gorgeous and peaceful.

Shirley Hotop said...

Very pretty - I can't to see the sparkles IRL - I bet it really shines.

Gail said...

patti i love nostalgic, vintage..etc..and you have don a beautiful job on this card art..tfs..loves ya

Vicki said...

OMG, simply amazing card my friend! Awesome job! Have fun with your son! That is a long time to go without seeing him! Take care hon and enjoy your family!

HUGS!
Vicki

Amanda Mertz said...

It is certainly "purty"!! I love country churches too and this one is adorable. I can imagine all the sparkle too! Enjoy the time with your son! Have a happy Thanksgiving! TFS!

Mau xx said...

This is Gorgeous Patti, I canimagine how purty it is in the flesh...lol Have a special time with your son, and enjoy Thanksgiving xxxxxxx

ButternutsageDesigns said...

Hi Patti this card remionds me of the evening my daughter got married. A December wedding in a church just like tis down a woodland road tucked beneath the pines and the snow fell ever so softly that evening. Needless to say I love oyur card! Hugs!

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so pretty! I love the softness of the colours and the pretty little verse off to the side.

Enjoy your son's visit and hope you have lots of fun. I am sure he will be looking for some of Mom's home made meals and treats as well.

Have fun! :)

Iris said...

Lovely card Patti! It feels so calming I can even imagine snow falling right now. Gorgeous Patti!

Lorie said...

Oh, Patti! That is purty! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Patti!

Dawnll said...

So pretty for sure- I am drawn to old churches and the serene scene.
Hope you enjoy your visit and have a wonderful Thanksgiving
Sending you thoughts and prayers my friend through your week.

Shirley said...

A funny story behind your post! You had it done and took it back, right? I posted to the first one and said you better enter that in the challenge, LOLOL, and then it wouldn't take my comment and disappeared. Ha!

So now It is a truly beautiful card. I love the way you did the sentiment and the image. Actually it is very elegant! Thank you for playing and good luck in the drawing too, Patti!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

LOVE your food for thought today... so true! Your card is simply beautiful!

Sue said...

Patti, this is gorgeous and so calming. Love all the white......enjoy your holiday with your Son, Happy Thanksgiving.

Hugs
Sue

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful Patti!! Such a gorgeous scene!! Love the soft colors!! Happy Thanksgiving my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous!

redwasher1 said...

WOW!!! This card is so beautiful and peaceful!! Fabulous job!! Have a wonderful time with your DD and a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

craftieodmae said...

beyond gorgeous!!

Lynne in NI said...

Such a beautiful peaceful card Patti, I love it!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, I'm so pleased for you that your DS is coming home, bet he's just as delighted as you!

Bonnie Weiss said...

Very soothing card, Patti ... and you can NEVER go wrong with glitter.

I hope you have a wonderful visit with your Son.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow, this is so pretty!

Curt in Indy said...

This is a great IO image. You colored it beautifully too. Love the touch the bow adds to the card. Hope your Thanksgiving was great. I'm sure that with your DS there, it was. Hugs, Curt

Pat (mspfd) said...

Patti, this is a stunner -- elegant simplicity at its best. What a beautiful image!