Monday, November 28, 2011

Tags and Sadness...

Good morning, happy Monday, and hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We certainly did!

I'll just go ahead and get the 'sadness' out of the way, and not leave you in suspense.  In about 3 hours, we have to take DS back to the airport.  Sigh...am I ever going to grow up?  He is 36 years old, we have been taking him 'back to the airport' for SEVENTEEN years, and I still cry, each and every time we watch him walk to that gate. Okay, I admit - sometimes I even cry on the trip to the airport...lol.  
What a big sissy I am!

Okay, that's out of my system!  DS carried up all of the Christmas decorations for us last night, while we did some paperwork, and this week starts the decorating.  Nothing fancy, just a bunch of old shiny stuff and a gorgeous nativity set, but we love it.

I have some gift tags to share today.  These are from Clear Dollar Stamps set, 'Christmas Cuties'.  This set has 4 images, and six adorable sentiments!  These adorable images were colored using Copic Markers.  All of the backgrounds behind the images were doodled using Copics.  

The 'doodles' behind this Gingerbread Man are just criss-crossed lines using YR30 Copic - sorta makes the white CS glow.

This is the most vivid when looking at the real thing - Just lots of blue dots using B00 Copic.

The 'doodling' on this one is lots of dots using BG000 Copic.

Used C1 Copic to 'doodle' this one.  Made a grid, and colored it checkerboard style. 

I'm happy that you stopped by.  I've been a bit negligent this past week, but we only see our DS 2-3 times each year for a few days - thank you for understanding!!!

It's going to be a busy week for me - I've taken on the task of creating a scrapbook for a lady.  She plans to give it to her handsome man for Christmas, so that will be priority this week!

Have a good day - I'll be back tomorrow!

Hugs,

Patti J.

Food for thought:  
A poor listener seldom hears a good story.

25 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

Wonderful tags Patti! These images are really cute. Love your coloring of them as well. I'm so glad you got to spend time with DS. I'm sure it just flies by and I know how hard it is to say good bye. Hugs, Curt

The Other Patti Sue said...

Great food for thought once again! So sorry you have to say so long to your son... I know how hard that is! The Lord has done a wonderful work with my son and I have him back! Super darling tags... a gift in themselves! Have a great day GF!

Susan said...

Very cute tags Patti! I feel your pain regarding your son. My oldest lives far away and I don't get to see him much either. If you ask me, that's the toughest part of being a mother, we give them wings and then have to watch them fly away. :(

Enjoy your crafty week!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Bonnie Weiss said...

No matter their age, they will always be our babies in our heart. At the end of the day, all we have are memories and our children are a crucial part of those memories that we hold dear. You are a devoted and loving Mom, Patti ... the kind that not all children have the honour of calling Mom.

Your tags are adorable.

Gail said...

awww i know how you feel ..so happy you got to spend time with him tho..love the tags..awesome job..tfs patti..loves ya

Unknown said...

Super tags. I can sooo relate to the sad parting. I cried after my son left too.
Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Dawnll said...

You are not a sissy! I cry each and every time myself, it will never get any easier.
I think us moms have to accept this is our way.lol
Cute tags my friend-it will be great to have these on hand

craftieodmae said...

bless your heart, saying bye is always hard, you are a mommy so you can cry, no matter the age.......Your tags are just cute as can be!!!!!

Netty said...

Its always difficult to say goodbye to our children even when we know we shall see them again in the near future.......I think mum's were born to be cry babies.........lol
Great set of tags Patti. xx

richardbreaks said...

Your tags are great! I love that you are a big sissy!!

Anonymous said...

So thankful to hear that you had a wonderful visit with your son, Patti! It's OK to cry -- that just shows your intense love for him. Our oldest will be 21 in March, and likely out on his own by summer. You and I will be in the same boat then -- LOL! Love your sweet tags. Each is so vibrantly cheery, and I am fascinated by how you used your Copics to texture the backgrounds. You are always teaching me something new! :-)

Shirley Hotop said...

What cute tags - would love to see them IRL as I couldn't see the doodles and I know you do wonderful doodling!!! We take son home tomorrow - well Wayne does after he drops me off and take Stella dog to the vet. We have really had a nice holiday weekend.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Our time with our children is so precious. You are not a cry baby. It is just all that love oozing out your eyes! LOL!

Sweet little set of tags, and good luck with the scrapbook mojo.

AmethystCat said...

good for you for loving deeply! what a lucky son you have! I love your tags!!! so super cute!!!!

Beate said...

Patti, I know I will do the same once my kids are grown and left the house. Austin is going to college in 2 years and I am already stressing about it. I am not ready to have them leave.

Your tags are so so cute! Great job on all of them
Hugs and smiles

Laurie Unger said...

These are darling! Glad you had the chance to spend time with your DS - so it's OK to cry when he leaves!

Shirley said...

OMGosh, your tags are totally adorable! The images are just too too cute! Now for the sadness. I think that is totally awesome! What a wonderful relationship to be cherished. Not everyone has that with their adult children and it is priceless!! My grandson used to cry to no end when I had to go back to the airport when he was 3 or 4. He thought I waited behind that door until they came to get me again. LOLOLOL

STAMPING SAM said...

Awe Patti, once a mother always a mother no matter how old the kids get. I can certainly emphathize with how you feel. BTW, cute tags!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Patti such sweet tags

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Lorie said...

Awww, Patti! I'm so sorry for the hurt. Many HUGS and love! The tags are SO cute!

Glenda Atkins said...

It takes courage to raise children and then set them free, that does not mean you don't feel the pain of the release.You just sound like a loving mum and not a sissy at all.

Adore the tags..

Stef H said...

oh i hear ya. if it were me, i'd probably not even go to the airport. i'd stay home and bawl my eyes out anyway. glad your thanksgiving was great.

we're on the same wavelength - i was just thinking of you this morning and waa laa... there you are!

love the tags. easy and pretty. i need to make me a doz. or so!

hugs sunshine!

Sandy Ang said...

Totally cute tags

Carolyn King said...

they are adorable! Big hugs for you. My mom still cries every time I leave her house so you are not alone. I bet I will be the same way.

Lynne in NI said...

Awww sending big hugs Patti ... hopefully it will not be too long before he's back again!
Gorgeous tags BTW!