Saturday, November 12, 2011

Congrats Angel and Joe!

Happy Saturday!

It is the first day of deer season here - oh, the excitement!  The gathering up all of the necessary tools, clothing, 4 wheeler, stinky scent stuff, and of course the beer and peanuts!  Hopefully, they will all have a great time today - my DH hardly ever takes time away from 'work' for anything, so I look forward to the season for his sake, almost as much as he does.

While he is in the woods, hoping to find that elusive buck with the trophy antlers, I am going to a wedding!  My dear, dear friend, Tami, has a daughter getting married today.  I'm looking forward to the wedding.  It's an outdoors wedding (I know, brrr.....), in a cozy little Chapel in a park, fittingly called,  "The Little Stone Chapel".  Angelita is going to be a beautiful bride!

 
As their invitations were very simple black and white, I thought that their card should be simple, as well.  I had seen these little hearts done into his and hers like this before, many times, and decided to give it a try.  An embossing folder with a Christmas design was used for the bodice.  It's not very visible, but the two lines on either side of the pearls have the Diamond Dust glitter on them, sort of matching what is on the score lines.  The stamp is an OLD dollar stamp from Michael's, and the vendor's name is rubbed off...sorry!


Hope you are all enjoying your Saturday.  I'm going to try to get an hour's cleaning into my girl cave before heading north.  Thanks for dropping by! 

Hugs and blessings,
Patti J.

Food for thought:  Sometimes, people do some really 'odd' things, to get 'even'...

27 comments:

Iris said...

A very elegant card Patti! They're gonna love it! Have a fun time!

Lorie said...

That card is absolutely beautiful! I hope you enjoyed the wedding! Good luck to the hubby!

Dawnll said...

I LOVE,LOVE this design-might has to case...lol
We are ramping up for hunting here also, I am baking and cooking to feed many.
Hope the wedding is enjoyable as can be.
Sounds like an enchanted place.
Hugs my friend

The Other Patti Sue said...

Beautiful card GF! I'm sure it will be cherished! Good luck to the hunters!

Chelsea said...

This is an awesome card. So simple and sweet!

Curt in Indy said...

Perfect card for a wedding. I've always liked these heart bride and groom cards. You kept it simple be elegant, and I'm sure they will love it! Best, Curt PS RUN BAMBI RUN!!!!!!

Betty Benton said...

Fabulous card in black and white! Love the "bride and groom"! Have fun at the wedding!

Glittered Paws said...

Love the card - okay - "we" are going to havw to make one of those at my house!!! I have been "cleaning" out supplies - you know dried up glue etc. and you have to STOP me from buying anything else!!!

Georgia said...

The card is really cute. I like your suggestion; but, I hate all the work involved in doing it...I'd rather be playing with the camera and on the computer. One day... It was good to hear from you. Hugs!

Netty said...

Sounds as if you are all going to have a great time. Loving your clever card, fab design. x

Bonnie Weiss said...

How adorable is this card?! I was out with the deer today too ... I set up my grapevine deers in my garden for my outdoor Christmas decorating!

Stef H said...

THAT is one gorgeous card. i love the "tux" have fun at the wedding and wear a warm coat!

hugs :)

Sandy Ang said...

what a creative wedding card ~!

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous card, just love, love it!! AND my hubby is out hunting as I type,searching for his elusive buck:0)

Pam Sparks said...

What a fun card Patti! I lOVE these hearts you made! Pretty but totally charming too!

Lana said...

Patti what a simple yet elegant card I really like it!!!
Hugs

Becky said...

OH my word, I love this! So simple and so elegant. Love how you designed these in a heart, so creative.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh what a fabulous classy card Patti ... hope you had a wonderful time at the wedding. (and that DH enjoyed his day too!)

Selma said...

This is such a cute idea. Love this card!!!!

Amanda Mertz said...

Totally cute! I love this his and hers hearts. The tux is especially cute. I hope you had a wonderful time at the wedding!

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Patti, this card is so cute and so sweet, the wonderful couple will love it for sure!!!

Oh, I wish I had the time to tell you a really funny story that happened years ago when friends took me with them deer hunting; well..., let's say that was the first and last time they did!!!

Have a good time at the wedding!

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for the visit to the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog hop, too!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I feel a case coming on, Patti J.! This is awesome and perfect to have on hand! TFS!

Beate said...

Patti, your card is genius! I love the hearts you created! Simply beautiful!
I hope you had a great time at the wedding and your man enjoyed his hunting trip.
Hugs and smiles

Kim said...

This is Fabulous Patti!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow Patti, I love your card! It's striking color contrast and your creative mind - very inspiring (:

AmethystCat said...

oh my gosh - that is sooo cute!!! I've never seen that done before and you did it beautifully!!!