Monday, December 29, 2008

THE plus IRS = Theirs.....

Yup, the holidays are over, now we have taxes to pay, and W-2's to prepare, etc. Seems like we just went through that!


Our holidays were delightful. Both John and Melissa made it in for several days. We thoroughly enjoyed having them both, and are quite sad that the visits had to end. The Christmas break is the toughest, as we know it's going to be many months before seeing them again. Thank goodness for e-mail, cell phones, and landlines!
I would have made a terrible pironeer mama.


Here is a little card that I made on the spur of the moment over the holidays. (Sorry, am getting used to TAKING photo's of my work as well as uploading it - I got some file folders in my picture that weren't supposed to be there!)
I used Ivory cardstock (just a generic stock I found at Office Max). I adhered a layer of blue snowflake paper from the DCWV Winter Matstack collection. I then punched a scalloped circle from the front using the yellow Marvy punch. I punched a black circle using the same size, and a circle from the ivory c.s. using the next smalled sized circle. On it, I stamped the star with Versamark, and heat embossed using Judikins Egyptian Gold Embossing Powder (I love, love, love the sparkle you get with it!) I adhered the ivory to the black, and fit them both inside of the punched scalloped circle on the card. I then stamped a snowman image from the Angel Co. Snowmen Nativity set on the ivory c.s. I colored it with my Koh-I-Noor pencils, and blended with odorless mineral spirits. I matted it in black and Voila - a 10 minute card!


I have to go back to work tomorrow - ugh. Hopefully, me and Chat Dump Gal can meet for Thai food for lunch!
Have a blessed day tomorrow...
Patti J.
~The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat have gotten to be really good friends!
PS - Theresa M. - if you are reading this post, I have no idea how to reply, so thank you so much for your kind words about my snowmen/santa treats, and any others you have commented on! I loved your off-kelter card too!!!





1 comment:

chatdumpgirl said...

omg! the bathroom looks phenomenal! I am so happy for you! and thanks for lunch and the hugs. it was so good to see you!