Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Brrr....

So, it's cold in the midwest! This morning, on my way to work, it was 20 degrees! Thank goodness for my man Stan - he takes such good care of me. My heated seats definitely felt delightful today!


It's been a while since I have been here. I am making a promise to do better. Even boring is better than nothing. The bathroom is finished, and I must say that I don't miss the old bathtub yet! I am so spoiled - tee hee!


We had the most wonderful Thanksgiving. Our son got home from California and our daughter came in from New York. We ate way too much turkey, played games at the kitchen table, watched holiday movies, listened to Christmas carols, and decorated the house for Christmas. Having the kids help with the decorating made it so much fun! Stan took pretty much the entire time off, which was delightful as well. With him working 7 days/week most weeks, having him here for even a day or two is a treasure that we cherish!


So, I thought that it would be nice to share the invitations I did for our secretarial Christmas party at work. My good friend Shirley, had sent me the cutest little Easter card last year. It was a tri-fold card about 3.5 x 3.5, and had this cute little cut out front - lots of work and time involved! And of course, it had a little bitty chocolate bunny!


I took the idea of the tri-fold card, and of course, the chocolate (Ghirardelli even!), and "easied" it up a bit! I stamped the snow angel, colored it with my Kooh-i-noor pencils, blended with mineral spirits, glittered the halo and wings with my Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust pen, and punched the ivory oval. I took my larger scallopped oval punch and matted the ivory oval. I took a 3.5 x 9.5 strip of red card stock, made some folds with my scor-pal, added the "snow much fun" stamp on a scrap of ivory, a cute little ribbon, and voila - the outside was complete! On the inside, I stamped the chocolate saying and some snowflakes, glittered them up a bit, and adhered the chocolate square.





















At the bottom of the card was the invitation, printed very quickly and simply with my computer. I adhered it with removable tape. On the envelope, I attached a label that stated the invitation was adhered with removable tape, so that if one would like to 'regift' the card, they could remove the invitation and do so quite quickly!


They were a lot of fun, and 40 were made assembly line style in about two evenings.


My next project that week was a swap for November. The theme was snowmen, snowladies, snowflakes, etc. Most of what was coming in so far was in Christmas and seasonal colors - blues, greens, reds, etc. Having to be just a bit different, I opted for hot pink and black! (The colors aren't very bright here, but in real life they pop!)
I used the Zutter bind it tool to punch a scrap of pink. I attached this scrap to a piece of black that was run through the Cuttlebug using a swirly embossing folder. The stamps were from the Angel Company. I colored them with my pencils, blending with a bit of low odor mineral spirits, and the snow is made from fun flock. A bit of glitter, a snowflake brad, and a scrap of ribbon completed the cards in a jiffy!
This time of year is so much fun for paper crafters!
Have a great evening everyone - I'm off to the craft room to try to alleviate some of the stress of the day by playing with sharp objects, glue, and coloring things!!!

Hugs - Patti J.

~When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." ~Erma Bombeck~






No comments: