Sunday, March 5, 2023

March 5, 2023

Hope your week is off to a good start!

I am sharing two fun Technique Junkies 'beverage' cards today on the Technique Junkies blog

Here is my first card. This was created using the 'Now I Wait' stamp from the March Technique Junkies release, and 'It Takes a Village' stamp from the January 2021 release.

To make this card, I first stamped 'Now I Wait' in a cranberry colored ink on a white card base.
Next, I masked off the sentiment of the 'It Takes a Village' stamp, and stamped only the bottle and glass in the cranberry ink. A little bit of coloring with some Copic markers, then the image was fussy cut, and covered with glossy accents, to resemble glass.


This better shows the effect of the glossy accents on the bottle and wineglass...


Next up, is a fun card made with some old and new stamps.  
I started by stamping 'Coffee Stain' from the November, 2020 release onto the patterned paper. I die cut this panel with some stitched rectangle dies - I inked the outside edge, and inlaid the patterned paper panel, and adhered them to a card base. The 'Coffee to Go' (coffee cup) and 'You Call it Coffee' (sentiment) were stamped onto some caramel colored cardstock using brown ink  The coffee cup was stamped again onto two different pieces of patterned papers. Using the patterned paper, I fussy cut the pieces, and glued them over top of the 1st coffee cup. The cup was popped up onto the card by using dimensional foam. The sentiment was created the same way as the coffee stain panel, using the stitched rectangle dies.


Remember that until March 8th, you get 15% off of any of the March release items! No codes needed - discount will be automatically applied at checkout!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Food for thought: Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.   ~Thomas Jefferson

Hugs and smiles,
Patti J.

5 comments:

*Vicki* said...

I'm in love with your drinkable card today Patti! The way you've put together that first wine themed card is brilliant with your shinny details and papers! I so love the coffee design especially with the fun coffee ring background!

Donna said...

Two fantastic cards Patti! Like those sentiments and your designs!

Cheryl W said...

Love, love, love your cards, Patti! The first one made me giggle out loud. I think that needs to be my new mantra. I can really relate to the second one, too. There's just nothing better than a delicious, hot latte from a coffee shop. Thanks for sharing these. You definitely brightened my day.

Gail L said...

These are awesome!
Love the first card!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous. Love your details.