Monday, February 13, 2023

My Emotional Support Beverage...

Happy 'almost' Valentine's Day, my friends!
Hope your week is off to a good start, and that it only gets better and better each day.

I have some fun Technique Junkies cards to share today on the Technique Junkies blog
Grab YOUR beverage of choice, and check out these fun cards!

I started out by stamping the image, Morning Joe, onto a white cardstock panel with black ink, then coloring with Copic Markers. It was stamped again onto a post it note, which I used as a mask while stamping the background, 'Coffee Stain' with a tan ink. The panel was matted onto Kraft cardstock, and voila! A quick and colorful, easy card! 

I wish the shine was visible...
The coffee mug and inside of the curlers are all embellished with 
Glossy Accents.


Next up is another easy, fun card:




I started with a gray card base, and used gray ink and the Damask stencil on the entire base, adding 2 different sized strips of silver glittery Washi Tape at top and bottom of card base.
.
The focal panel, Sisters We Choose, was stamped in black ink onto white cardstock. I stamped it a second time, and colored the hearts and banner with red marker, covered them with glossy accents, and fussy cut each. The focal panel was matted with black cardstock, adhered to the card base, and the fussy cut banner and hearts were popped up with foam dots over top of the stamped image. Very quick card!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Hugs and grins,
Patti J.

8 comments:

Donna said...

Fabulous cards, beautiful coloring and stenciling on the coffee card, and like the second card, nice sentiment and glitter!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic card designs and great coloring!

Cheryl W said...

I love, love, love both these cards! There are so many great details, like the coffee stain background, the stenciled background, silver washi tape and some shine, too. Too bad we can't see it - those Glossy Accents are a cardmakers best friend, aren't they?

I also want to THANK YOU SO MUCH for the super cute card you sent in honor of Mickey. It was so kind of you to send it, and it is now displayed with pride on our mantle.

Bethstamps said...

Your cards are so well done. Look at all those wonderful coffee stains. The lady is coloured to perfection! I love how you got so creative with your second card. It looks so elegant.

*Vicki* said...

These are wonderful cards Patti! I think I totally relate to that top card!! LOL!! Loving the coffee rings for the background too! That second card is done beautifully with the sentiment and perfect for any time of the year for sure!! Wonderful inspiration today! TFS

Dr Sonia S V said...

Patti...so good to visit you. I love both your cards...the sentiments are sooo cool!
Cheers, Dr Sonia

Glittered Paws said...

Both cards are amazing, looks like me in the morning minus the curers. I have to have a cup of Joe. Love the sentiment on the second card - can use it anytime. Great job.

Lynette said...

Two awesome cards, Patti! Happy to see you here. :-)