Sunday, May 24, 2020

Sympathy Cards

Hi friends,

Thought I'd share what I worked on the last couple of days. I had a request to make 6 sympathy cards with limited layering or embellishments.  So, I drug out some old stamps and a die, and got busy!  Here's what I created (photos are not the best today - you may need to click and enlarge):

This first card uses one of may forever favorite stamps from Penny Black. It's called 'At Grace'.  The sentiment on both the inside and outside were from the Stampin' Up set 'Woven Heirlooms'.
I'm going to enter this card in the Saturday Challenge at Penny Black. The challenge is 'Inspired by a Song', and these flowers make me think of 'Blue Velvet'!!!

 Here's what was put inside.


This set was stamped with Stampin' Up's 'Soft Spring'.
 And here is the inside. The sentiment is created by Julee Tillman, and you can find it at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.


This is an old wooden stamp that I use a lot for masculine cards. 'Rowboat by Impression Obsession'.
 The inside sentiment is from a set that I found on the sale rack at Hobby Lobby several years ago.


Another fun stamp set by Stampin' Up, 'Tranquil Tulips'. The sentiments on the card front and inside are both from the Hobby Lobby set.



This card uses a die from Taylored Expressions, 'Shade Tree', and a sentiment from the 'Wishing You Well' set from Stampin' Up. The envelope is stamped with Woven Heirlooms (Stampin' Up).

Inside sentiment is 'May the Peace' by Rubbernecker.


Last, but not least, is a beautiful digital image from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. I computer generated sentiment and frame while I was working on sizing image.

Inside sentiment is from the MSE set from Hobby Lobby. I'm entering this card in the monthly challenge at the Sweet 'n Sassy VIP group on Facebook.

Well, that's it!!!  Now I have an order for ten of the toilet paper cards that I shared a week or two ago, so I'm off to draw patterns on cardstock!

Hope you like at least one or two of these, and hope the lady I made them for likes them!

Thanks for stopping by, hope your weekend was great.

Hugs,
Patti J.

10 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Love them all. Very nice collection would be great to have in any collection. I am sure who ever receives these will be very comforted.

Cheryl W said...

Your cards are all just beautiful, Patti! I'm sure the person who ordered them is really, really pleased. I think my favorite is the tulip card. Those tulips look so delicate. Thanks for sharing this amazing collection of cards.

Cheryl W said...

These cards are all so beautiful, Patti! I think the person who requested them will be immensely pleased. My favorite is the tulip card. The tulips look so delicate in design and color. Thanks for sharing your lovely collection of cards.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are just beautiful and perfect!

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are all gorgeous sympathy cards. Each one is so beautiful and filled with comforting messages.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh Patty, you rock my world!! Outstanding and the nicest sympathy cards I've seen. They are all so very pretty.

Lynne in NI said...

These are all fab Patti, I'm sure your friend was very pleased with them. My fave is the first blue floral one, that's such a lovely shade of blue.

Laurie Unger said...

The first one is my favorite - wonderful job on all.

Sue said...

WOW, Patti, you were a busy girl!! All of these are so nice, and love the sentiments that you added to each card, just lovely. Loving the beautiful fonts on them too. What a fabulous assortment!

Hugs
Sue

*Vicki* said...

Wow! These are all absolutely beautiful Patti! Sympathy cards are something that is always needed and something we always run out of! I need to make a point to add them to my stash, so thanks for the reminder my friend!