Saturday, May 23, 2020

Ice Cream Parlor

Hello!

I thought it would be fun to throw a challenge card together this week for the Impression Obsession challenge 'Play With Your Food'.

I didn't have too many IO stamps that met this theme, so I dashed, yes dashed...over to the IO store and found this uber-cute digi image by Gary Robertson, 'Ice Cream Parlor'. I knew that I wanted to color this 'sweet' image! Ice cream is my all time favorite treat, and this image made me think of having ice cream with the grandkids in CA or Germany. 

Missing those days!


Since the image itself had so much going on, I kept this simple, and just matted the panel onto a card base. All coloring was done with Copic Markers. You may want to click on the photo to make it larger and look at all of the fun detail in this image - Gary is SO talented!

Have a great Satur-yay, ya'll - stay safe!

Hugs and grins,
Patti J.

11 comments:

Donna said...

Darling card and coloring Patti!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow!! This is AMAZING! LOVING that scene you created!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute scene and I am hankering for a big dish of ice cream right about now too.

Gail said...

That is such a sweet card!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Sweet card!! I like the framing. As you said, with the detail stamp a simple frame is what it needs. I looked at the black and white version and girl, did you ever colour this to perfection!

Glittered Paws said...

What a "sweet" card - so much detail in the stamp and the coloring is exceptional. Will be glad when the ice cream stores open back up.

Cheryl W said...

Fun card! It must have taken you quite a while to color, even though you say you kept it "simple." Ice Cream is my favorite treat, too--especially chocolate soft-serve.

Lynne in NI said...

What a fab image, I'm sure it took a while to colour! Roll on the day we all get to hug our loved ones, until then thank goodness for technology!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

So sweet, we have an ice cream parlor like that in our small town, and I miss sitting outside and having a treat! Hopefully soon! Great card.

Sue said...

It's a wonderful scene, and I love that it evoked memories with your "kids". Lots to color up and you did a great job with that too! Funny how the simple things we do on a daily bases so routinely, when taken away seem so important now! Hope this ends sooner than expected and we can get back to hugging our kids again.

Hugs
Sue

*Vicki* said...

Wow Patti! That image IS very very cool indeed and you've done such a stunning job with the coloring! These type of image can get really addictive sometimes! Yay for ice cream! :)