Monday, June 5, 2017

Project of the Week - Stamp-a-Box Tutorial

Good morning!

I'm the Monday morning hostess at The House that Stamps Built. It's my turn to share a 'Project of the Week' with all of you.  

Today, I will show you how to use the Repeat Impressions 'Stamp-a-Box'.
This is such a fun little box - it only measures about an inch wide, tall, and deep when finished - just perfectly sized for a Hershey's kiss!

For today's tutorial, I'm using this Repeat Impressions stamp:


Let's get started!

You will need your box stamp, some scissors, ink, and either markers or patterned papers.


You will need to stamp your image. I used a very faint ink color, as I didn't want the
dotted lines to show through.

Here's what the pattern looks like when stamped in black ink.

I took some Spectrum Noir markers, and just colored the whole thing.

I decided I didn't like the roses that way, so I stamped just the upper portion of the image
again, on a designer paper.

Just the flowers were fussy cut, and glued onto the sloppily colored roses.

Here is what the box looks like now!
I put the box on my Scor-Pal, and scored on all of the fold lines,
then added Scor-Tape to the end flap, and one of the bottom flaps.
As you can see, there are cut lines on the roses. Cut those now, as well.

Adhere the small end flap to the other side of the box. It will then look like this.

Fold in two of the bottom flaps...then fold in the flap with the scor-tape on it.
Fold the last flap in, creating your box bottom.


Now for the fun part! It's all beginning to come together!
Add a 'kiss', or whatever you'd like.

Fold in the two top flaps, and then 'intersect' the two cut lines on your roses.

Voila!  Is this not the cutest little tiny box ever?

Thanks for taking time to visit today - hope you'll try one of these cute boxes!




I hope that you will give this a try! 
Come back and let us know if you do - we'd love to see your finished projects!!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Patti J.

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! This is just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a gorgeous box you made.

fusiafscrapping said...

WoW! Love everything you come up with!

Glittered Paws said...

Well just how cute is this - love the paper pieced roses better than colored I'm thinking I just might need this in my collection. Great job friend.

Pam Sparks said...

You are so good at making these cute little treat boxes! These are adorable and so pretty Patti!

Cheryl W said...

That is such a sweet little box, Patti! I love that you changed the roses a bit. I think the patterned paper helps showcase them so much better.

Beth Norman said...

Thank you for the wonderful tutorial. Your box is darling. Great job girlfriend.

Sue said...

Adorable little box! Great way to give Roses and Chocolate!!!!
What a sweet little gift.

Hugs
Sue