Thursday, March 27, 2014

Rock On!

Hi there, and Happy Thursday!
So happy that you stopped by today, as it's my day to post for Die-Versions Dies.
Today, I'm featuring the Die-Versions Sweet Spot Die, "Rock On".
Check out all of the darling Sweet Spot dies at Die-Versions! You won't be disappointed!




This die cuts so smoothly. I love the way the cardstock just falls right out of the die. The letters cut uniformly, and the little pieces just fall away with a flick of my fingertips.  Another thing that I like about this, is that the words stand alone, as well.  Simply trim the circle from around the words, and you have two individual words to add to your card front, scrapbook page, or altered item! The possibilities are endless!

I wanted to work with a card layout that would showcase the Sweet Spots die, and I think this works well! I plan to use the layout again with other Sweet Spots!  The Amuse Studio cardstocks seem to work perfectly for this style, as all of their cardstock is white on the back side.

I hope that you will check out the great products at the Die-Versions store,
and that you'll become a follower of the Die-Versions blog!
The ideas from our design team are fresh and fun every day!

Thanks for stopping by,
Patti J.

20 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Oh WoW - talk about eye catching - love the AMuse cs you used with this and love the Rock On - perfect for a teen or tween like Megan or Logan. Great job.

Netty said...

Love the card shape and design Patti. Annette x

Anne Temple said...

What a clever fold! Love this!

Taunya Butler said...

UBER cool card!! Love the way it looks and just the whole style of it. You have definitely impressed me!! Saw you on the MOxie Fab Blog Roll and thought I would stop by for a visit. I'd like to invite you to pop in at my blog daisiesgirl.com sometime!! I would certainly love it!!

Taunya Butler said...

So, Patti, just wanted to say thanks for the stopover at my blog and for being a new follower! I am following you through Bloglovin and the google friend connect!! Thanks - can't wait to "Stalk" your blog!! Hugs and Smiles to you!!!

Pattie J. said...

Hi, Patti, it has been a few days since I visited here. I love your eye catching cut outs. and those boxes with the pop ups are wonderful.

Pattie J. said...

Hi, Patti, it has been a few days since I visited here. I love your eye catching cut outs. and those boxes with the pop ups are wonderful.

Amy Johnson said...

What a fun card. I love the way it opens.

Beth Norman said...

I love your design of your card. So cool. I'm glad you are really liking your dies. They sound like they are excellent quality.

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Patti!! I love how you shaped the cut-out around the Sweet Spot die!! It looks so fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fun card Patti. I love that circle die and how you cut the front panel to follow the curve. I really like these die-versions dies!

Cheryl W said...

Wonderful card, Patti! Love the cutout. Good tip about using the words separately, too. Makes the die that much more useful.

Laurie Unger said...

What a fun and different card! Off to check out the dies....thanks for the enable!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness! How clever is this? Love the design and CAS look Patti! Going to pin this one!

Hugs!

Jenny

Lynne in NI said...

Cool card Patti, I hadn't guessed from the first pic that you had such a fab layout!!

Shirley said...

Wow! Patti, this is an awesome fold. Saving and hope to use it if I can remember!!! I love the fold, the sentiment and your wonderful colors too! Vivid and uplifting!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That is quite the tricky shape. You can not even tell it will open like that. Love it!

MaryH said...

Great card. The colors pop & I really liked the way you highlighted the die as you did. Thanks for the tip on using the circle spots as individual words, as that is something I'm always on the look for. Love the word dies. TFS & thanks for the tip too. Happy Sunday, and Hugs

Curt in Indy said...

What a fun and unique cut for a card. I love this. Love the colors you used to. Awesome! Best, Curt

Pam said...

WOW! I love the way that you cut this card! Great job!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com