Saturday, March 1, 2014

Sharing in your sorrow...

Good morning!
Sympathy cards are the toughest for me to create.  Such a somber occasion, and difficult to find the right words.  So, when I found myself needing one last week, I decided that clean and simple was the way to go!
This is what I did...


The stamps are from Hero Arts, and worked out so well on this soft color of Amuse Studio cardstock.  I added a sentiment from one of Melanie Muenchinger's Gina K. Designs stamp sets, and a butterfly from Hero Arts to finish the card.  Of course, I used my Perfect Papercrafting tools for the beautiful layers!
Easy, fast, and pretty.

While I had all of the supplies out, I created a second card.


This one uses an Amuse Studio sentiment.

When you need to get something in the mail right away, a silhouette type stamp always works well.

Hope you are off to a nice weekend!

Hugs and blessings,
Patti J.

19 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful cards - and you are right sympathy cards are so challenging to make I try and have 3 or 4 ahead for that "JIC" just in case. LOL - TFS.

Gail said...

These are grea.
I need to make some for my stash.

Cheryl W said...

These are really lovely cards, Patti. I need to make a few like this for my own stash. I like to have them make made ahead, too.

Laurie Unger said...

Nice. Sympathy cards are so difficult to make, but you nailed it! TFS

Beth Norman said...

I'm sorry you needed a sympathy card. What you make is striking. The addition of the butterfly is really nice.

Pat (mspfd) said...

These are lovely and will bring comfort to the recipients.

Lisa said...

Sympathy cards are definitely the hardest to make. You have done a fabulous job!! They are so beautiful!! I love the flowers!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Auntie Em said...

Your cards are beautiful Patti. I like the black silhouette for a CAS card.
Sympathy cards are difficult but I have always found that the people who receive them are often so pleased that you have taken the time to make one for them. I guess that personal touch really does make a difference.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful work! Hope you have a good week.

Bonnie Weiss said...

Nice, soothing card Patti. To receive a hand crafted card in sad times always makes me feel a bit better to know that someone cares.

Anne Temple said...

Sorry you needed a sympathy card, but you created a beautiful one.

lisa808 said...

Yes, Sympathy cards are difficult. Yours is perfect--the colors and images.

Donna said...

Both beautiful striking cards!

Lynne in NI said...

Sorry to hear you had need of a sympathy card. They definitely are the hardest cards to make, these are beautiful xx

Diane said...

Beautiful cards Patti. I also have trouble with finding the right image and sentiment. This is perfect. Tried to reply to your blog on my phone and would not let me, so sorry for the late response!

Diane said...

Beautiful cards Patti. I also have trouble with finding the right image and sentiment. This is perfect. Tried to reply to your blog on my phone and would not let me, so sorry for the late response!

Stef H said...

this is gorgeous and i think i have that stamp! hmmmm.

hugs :)

Becky said...

What a beautiful card for such a sad occasion. Love the image.

Glenda Atkins said...

Very beautiful and perfect for a sympathy card,they are always so hard to make,at least for me! Yours is wonderful!
hugs
Glenda

Shirley said...

Your card is so beautiful and peaceful too! Lovely and so appropriate for the occasion! Your butterfly is really wonderful!