Friday, March 15, 2013

Going Green...

Hello, friends and family!

I saw that the challenge for March at Great Impressions Stamps, is 'Going Green', and just couldn't resist a clean and simple card of green!  Actually, CAS is all I have had time to create!  This card was truly a 10-minute creation...

Great Impressions Stamps: D405 Just Me. Thinking of You., Amuse cardstock, Great Impressions Shamrock Die, Adirondack "Lettuce" Dye Ink, Kaiser Craft Pearls, Dimensional Foam, Spellbinder's Die.

I folded the card, stamped the darling Great Impressions sentiment with green ink, used a Spellbinder die to cut it out, cut two strips of coordinating Amuse CS for the 'banner', and die cut two shamrocks using an Impression-Obsession die.  Popped up the sentiment with foam squares, added the shamrocks and pearls.  Voila!  Took me much longer to type it than to make it :)    Ha ha...it IS easy being green!!!




Now, on a personal note...


Thanks so much to all who have emailed, or called to check on us.  We are all okay - the last few weeks have just been very busy, leaving me little to no time to even check email, much less, create.  I appreciate each of you who have e-mailed, facebook messaged, or called to see about me.  We have a lot of personal changes going on in our lives, and they have been time consuming, and emotionally stressful, leaving me with very little computer time.  Hopefully, by mid-April or so, things will be back to more of a normal routine.
In the meantime, if I don't get by to see you, hang in there!  I am zipping by, and peeking in on you, just not able to comment on every post.

Hugs and blessings,
Patti J.

22 comments:

Danni said...

Fabulous card! Very pretty!

Amanda Mertz said...

Cute! Love that die…totally looks like Irish lace! Sorry to hear you've been so busy. I'll be thinking about you! TFS!

Glittered Paws said...

So pretty - I love CAS - although I don't do it very well, and this is the same Spellbinders set I got - I think we will use it for sure. Love the AMuse greens and hate that the gingham is gone - maybe we need to petition them to bring it back LOL.

Cheryl W said...

It may have taken only 10 minutes - but it was a very GOOD 10 minutes1 It's lovely, Patti. All the best to you, C.

Amy Johnson said...

I am a fan of CAS cards, so I LOVE IT!

Joan V said...

Patti, beautiful card. I love how you took an ordinary sentiment and turned it into an Irish card with the shamrocks and lace. Thanks for sharing.

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful CAS card, love the die!
hugs
Glenda

Dawnll said...

Seems to be forever since I popped in to visit- hope your doing well sweetie?
I understand the busy...
Cute design for a quickie

Lynn Mercurio said...

No WAY you made that card so quickly...it's amazing! I do so love St. Patrick's Day, but it's a bit overshadowed by anticipated arrival of my granddaughter...LOL

Boohoo about your daughter leaving for so long. It sounds like a great opportunity for her, but we mothers prefer our kits a little closer!

Hugs!

Audrey Frelx said...

You said clean and simple, but you didn't say beautiful -- it is!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Patti! Love the green.
Hope you have a great week-end.
Hugs xx

Lynette said...

Wonderful card, Patti - I LOVE that die! Hope life settles down for you soon and that all will be well. I can empathize with life being busy.

Laurie Unger said...

Love this! Great CAS card. Take care of yourself!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love this! Great use of green & CAS design.

Donna said...

Beautiful card Pat, hope things settle down soon for you, let me know if I can do anything.

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

so beautiful and stylish card. I love green color. hugs, Helena

Diane said...

This is a CAS card. I do not do well with these, I always think they are missing something. I really like this with gingham card stock and will use your card as inspiration. Thx for checking my blog!

Lisa Lara said...

Happy St Patrick's day Patti! Beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

OH, I thought today's post was the card but here's the whole thing! Fabulous! love the dots and the gingham together! Always love the fishtail banner look and wow...ten minutes... that's amazing!

Beth Norman said...

Sending hugs. I hope things get back to normal for you soon. I do love what you managed to do in 10 minutes. You're quick with amazing results.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Sweet card Patti. Love the decorative rectangle. The colors are perfect.

Jenny said...

Loving the simplicity and the added shamrocks Patti! Thanks for playing with us at Great Impressions Stamps!