Monday, March 18, 2013

A Little Something Personal....

Hello out there!
Again, time has gotten away from me, and I do not have a card to share today, 
so I thought I'd share something a bit personal.

Some of you already know that mid-August 2012, I decided that I simply had to get healthier.
If you know me, you also know that I have tried nearly every affordable plan out there.
Fail, fail, fail....

I knew there just had to be something out there that would work for me.
A lady that I had worked with many years ago, had been on a program called, "Take Shape for Life", and was looking incredible.  I chatted with her a bit, but it took me over a year to decide to go for it.
TSFL utilitzes the Medifast Meals, and I just wasn't sure that I could be THAT disciplined.
The plan calls for eating 5 of their pre-packaged items, some of which are 'grab 'n go' type meals, such as bars, pretzel bites, etc., and others must be mixed with water and heated. The 6th meal each day is a lean and green meal that I prepare myself.  I am allowed 5, 6, or 7 oz. of lean meat, depending on whether I'm eating steak or fish, and how lean it is.

At first, I was afraid of failure, so I didn't really publicize what I was doing.  But...by week 2, I was losing weight, and decided to make myself a bit more 'accountable' by posting my weekly weight loss on Facebook.  The support from my friends, family, and health coaches, David & Sarah Buerck, has been phenomenal.

So today, I decided to find a photo that was taken last February at our daughter's wedding, and one that was taken in February of THIS year, as we prepare to celebrate a milestone anniversary...hopefully next February's photo will be even better!

This is NOT an ad for Medifast, although, this 'diet' has been as easy as falling off a log for me, and I have lost a little or a lot, consistently every week, since beginning.  

It IS, however, a plea for any of you out there that NEED to get healthier, to begin.  

Whether it's Weight Watchers, Atkins, Nutrisystem, or Medifast, do something to get started! 

 I cannot believe how wonderful I feel!  I go to the Post Office in town, daily, to pick up our mail.  I seriously had to hold on to the railing, and climb one step at a time when I began. Today, at 55.5 pounds less, I bound up and back down the steps like a high school kid.  And I am only halfway to goal!!!  

Can you imagine?  

Other things, like laying my size 22 Old Lady jeans on the bed, and my brand new Old Navy size 14 jeans on top of them, and seeing the difference, keep me motivated.  

My DH telling me how beautiful I look (yes, we do have an appt. to get his eyes checked...), and our kids and friends telling me how proud they are, keep me motivated.  

But mostly, it's feeling good, sleeping well, having no pain, no crutches to get around, etc., is what is motivating me most.

Thanks for letting me tell my story and for staying all the way to the end!
Stef Hughes, these pics are for you...finally!!!

Have a great day - Let's Get Healthy!!!
Patti J.

Taken February 2012 - L-R, Our son, my DH, our DD, our DSIL, and me

Taken February 2013 - 55 pounds less of me.

43 comments:

Danni said...

I was so happy to see this post! You are AMAZING and oh so beautiful!! Awesome job sweet friend!

Stef H said...

and you're still beautiful! i am sooooooooooooooo proud of you. you are an inspiration. i need to get my butt on something and start. my doc says i eat way too many carbs anyway. i'm still in the thinking on it stage. ok, more like the... can i afford this stage. nutrisystem worked for me before and i'm seeing good things on SHAKELY too. i am also well aware of MEDIFAST. i'll keep you posted.

you so totally rock! keep it up and be blessed.

big hugs and congratulations, my friend.

Janice said...

Incredible Patti! You look amazing! Keep up the good work

Dawnll said...

Oh my goodness sweetie I am so proud of you!!!
I so wanted to ask but was afraid you didn't want to talk about it. Girl you are my role model and such an inspiration.
I need to get back to taking care of myself and feeling like that again.
Thank you for being so brave and share your journey...I love your hair sweetie...always knew you were beautiful on the inside but now I know on the outside also.
Hugs sweetie

Beth Norman said...

Whoop whoop, you go girl! Congratulations on your weight loss and thank you for sharing your experience. I'm so happy for you. I'm now down 85 lbs on Weight Watchers. My mom offered me $50 if I can loose my last 10 in four weeks, so I'm going to work hard. You are an inspiration. TYFS my friend.

You look terrific!

hugs,

Beth

Judy Inukai said...

Patti, That's awesome! You look great.

Mary Dawn said...

you're an inspiration! and beautiful inside and out <3

Cheryl W said...

This is such a wonderful post, Patti! I'm so happy for you and inspired by you. It takes a lot of courage to share your story, even though your success has been awe-inspiring. Thank you for doing that! Big, healthy hugs to you!

Glittered Paws said...

Wowsers - what a difference and I see you almost every week - if not every 2 weeks, but I notice the loss almost every time i see you. We will both be able to shop together in the "misses" section now - no more - I'm going to womens and I will meet you in purses!!! I am so proud of what you have done and love the new healthier you.

Anonymous said...

What an encouraging and awesome post!!! And CONGRATULATIONS!!! THAT IS so wonderful....Your hubby is right...You are a VERY beautiful lady!!!!

Theresa Momber said...

Patti, you rock! Thanks for being such an amazing inspiration!!1

Jenny said...

It takes courage to share your story Patti and I applaud you!! You are a beautiful person inside and out!

Vicky Briggs said...

Patti,
I have enjoyed your blog for a while now. I am so happy to hear of your success and so glad you are feeling so good. It sounds like you are just bouncing around. Thank you for sharing, you are an inspiration. I have been thinking of staring back at Medithin, because of you I am going in this week, thank you. Vicky Briggs

Rosie Guiher said...

Congrats on the loss Patti, you look amazing! I have lost 37lbs and have keep it off now since end of 2011 and into 12, so trying to get back into losing some more and you inspired me to try harder, like lots of excerise more, going flabby,(smile). Keep it up girl.

Joan Ervin said...

Whoohoo!!! I am sooo proud of you, Patti....the new you looks fabulous!!!!! You are such an inspiration to me and many others!! I have lost 5 lbs and hope to loose a whole lot more...thanks for sharing your story!!!!!

Unknown said...

you look wonderful, dearest Patti, and do tell your handsome husband that the pepper moustache looked very nice on him.

Glenda Atkins said...

Awesome story Patti, I admire your fortitude and determination. Can't wait to see the Feb. 2014 picture!
hugs
Glenda

Sue from Oregon said...

How exciting Patti! You are doing it the right way too. Slow and steady. I lost 70 lbs through weight watchers 20 yrs ago. Although I still struggle, it works for me. I know the older we get-the harder it is-so seems you have hit the jackpot!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You are such an inspiration to all of us, Patti! You look amazing! Proud of you!

Carolyn King said...

Patti-- i knew how well you were doing with your lifestyle change but seeing the results---wow---i am even more impressed. You look beautiful and i am so glad you are feeling so good too. Hugs and huge congrats. Xo

Jingle said...

Congratulations!!! This is just awesome!!!! Good for you! I am also working on getting healthier. I use Weight Watchers... it's a good fit for me and both of my parents use it, as well, so it's nice to have some people who understand the choices I make. Thank you for sharing your inspirational story!!!!

Annette said...

Keep up the good work!!! You look great.

Amy Johnson said...

That's great news! I'm so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Great job. You are looking good Pat. You
have lost quite a bit since I last saw you. Keep up the good work! Marian

Monika/Buzsy said...

Patti, congratulations on your achievement! It's not easy to lose wait so kudos for you!

Julia Aston said...

Oh Good Job Patti!! what a difference this will make in your overall health! I too struggle with weight - and am presently doing a meal replacement diet at the hospital where I work - less weight ALWAYS feels better!! thanks for being so brave and sharing this!

Lynne in NI said...

WOW, well done Patti! You're looking FAB!! :)
I joined Slimming World almost a year and a half ago and it works for me - though it's hard having to be organised and cook meals from fresh when it was always so easy just to have fast-food instead.
(oh and be sure to keep your old-lady jeans, my friend lost a lot of weight and wishes she'd kept hers for inspiration !)

Iris said...

Hey Patti! Congrats and I'm so happy for you! I know its not the easiest task loosing weight but you're doing an awesome job! I know you're gonna reach that goal! :)

Judy said...

Awww Sweetie what a lovely and inspiring story!! Thank you for sharing it with us, and allowing us to be a part of your success. You look absolutely fabulous, and I couldn't be more proud and happy for you. Keep us posted hun. WTG YOU!!

xo

Lynette said...

That's awesome, Patti - good for you!!! Thanks for sharing your story and I wish you continued success!

Anonymous said...

Patti!!!!! Can you see my smile! Wow is all I can say! What an inspiration to all of us! So happy for you and so happy to read of your success! Take care and be well!

Lorie said...

You, my friend, know how proud of you I am and I'm so happy you are sharing with everyone! I LOVE the photo of you and your man! You guys are so cute!

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG, Patti, the pictures are like day and night!!! You've lost another person and you look even more beautiful!!! Who said you can't improve on what's already beautiful isn't looking at you!!! Sooooo happy to see you look just great and feeling wonderful!!!

Hugs, my sweet friend!

Mau xx said...

Wow!! Patti its been so long since I got to call on you but so glad I haven't missed this post. You look amazing!! What a beautiful lady you are xx Well done, you are an inspiration.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Grace said...

Patti a HUGE congratulations to you!!! I am so inspired by what you have accomplished and I am so happy for you! It's wonderful that you feel better too! Health should motivate all of us to lose the excess and be the best we can be! What a beautiful post, and a beautiful YOU!!! TFS!!!
hugs,
Grace

Tammy said...

You look amazing! Good luck to you!!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow what a big difference in the pictures! You look amazing Patti. I wish I could have the same courage and start a diet. With me it's always tomorrow!
Keep up the good work Patti.
Warm hugs xx

Sue said...

Holy Cow! That is awesome! What an accomplishment. EVERY Monday is let's start our diet day.....you really did something about it. Thanks for sharing your story...and your inspiration...tomorrow is Monday, I think I can, I think I can....

Big Hug
Sue

Tish said...

This is fantastic!!!

Tish said...

That's so awesome!

-Tish

chatdumpgirl said...

You have always been one of my favorite people on Plane Earth, but you are now officially my Shero!!! So proud of you!

Cheri said...

You Rock Foxy Lady!!! Congratulations!!!! Love you!!

redwasher1 said...

Patti, I guess I missed this post!! WOW! you looks beautiful in both photo's. I'm so happy for you!!! You totally rock!!