Monday, March 25, 2013

A Graduation from Chemo...

Hello!
I was surprised and delighted to receive an email telling me that my current chemo lady that I'm a 'card angel' to, has graduated from chemo!  What a blessing for her and her family.  She has a long way to go, yet, some major surgery, but she's apparently all finished with her chemo.  I needed to quickly create a graduation card to put in the mail to her today, and here's what I came up with.

Amuse CS, Doodle Pantry Image and Sentiment, Bazzill Basics Ribbon, Zig Pen for doodling, Black Colorbok CS, Perfect Layers Rulers (see sidebar for details!)

The image is yet another of Laurie's pre-colored digital images at Doodle Pantry.  Don't you just love her birdies?  This set is called "I will Survive", and has several images and sentiments.  There is a line drawing as well, so you can color the ribbon to coordinate with whatever cancer you need a card for.

I'm so pleased that my friend is finished with treatments, but now, I will have to be patient until I receive another assignment.  This time, I opted to be a 'Senior' angel, sending cards to a lonely senior citizen. Should be so much fun!  I'm looking forward to it!

Hugs and smiles,
Patti J.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute card for your chemo lady's graduation.
The bird looks so happy and i'm sure she is also.
Marian

Dawnll said...

Oh what an adorable design and I love birdies.
I am so happy to hear your friend is on the next venture of this journey...and that you will find a new person to grace your lovely cards with.

richardbreaks said...

What a great, springy , happy card! It has all the joy you could want to convey! Hooray for your friend!

Glittered Paws said...

What good news - and I know she will love her card - perfect!!! Love the birdies.

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful card to celebrate the good news, happy for her! You are very kind Patti!
hugs
Glenda

Amy Johnson said...

This is so cute, fabulous, and inspirational! Love it!

Cheryl W said...

This a wonderful card, Patti - so much happiness in that image. Your chemo lady will love it!

Diane said...

What a lucky lady. I love the card, and I am sure she will also.

Diane said...

What a lucky lady. I love the card, and I am sure she will also.

Lynne in NI said...

Awww what a cutie, such a fabulous image and great news for your friend. I love the angel idea, I'll bet your cards are always received with such pleasure.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fantabulous! What a great card and reason to celebrate.

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so adorable Patti and certainly on his way to celebrate a wonderful occasion.
Thanks for sharing and Happy Easter! :)

Donna said...

Beautiful card Patti, how cheerful. I will have to get this set! Have a Happy Easter!

redwasher1 said...

Patti, that is great news!! She love your adorable card!!

NanceRN said...

Oh, how cute!!!
Congrats to your friend... Hope she continues on the road to recovery!