Monday, November 26, 2012

Why do snowmen wear hats?

Good morning!
It's Monday, and time for a new Stamp of the Week at Repeat Impressions Stamps.
I'm sure you are all wondering why DO snowmen wear hats?
Well, to cover up their bad twig days, of course!

Today, we are featuring the 'Twig Hair Snowman'.  This image is so sweet, that I wanted to keep my card very simple. 
Repeat Impressions 'Twig Hair Snowman" #2003, Repeat Impressions 'Thinking of You' #1105, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Martha Stewart Glue Pen, Glitter, Copic Markers, Ribbon Scrap, Perfect Layers Rulers (see sidebar for details)
I stamped the image and sentiment, and drew some black lines to frame this cutie patootie.  All that was left to do was color him, and add some snow.  Hope he gave you a giggle or two!

I'm sure that my fellow Rockstars have had some fun with this image too!

Cheri     Karen     Geri

Check out their creations, and then head over to the RI Blog, The House That Stamps Built, for information on getting this darling snowman for 50% off this week!

Have a great week,
Patti J.

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Simple but gorgeous Patti! I love it.
Hope you have a great week.
Hugs xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Patti your heading caught my eye as recently we made snowmen at home and my 6 year old insisted he didnt need a hat!!

Cheers
Dr Sonia

Glittered Paws said...

Love your CAS card - who would have thought that a black outline would have made the card complete - great job.

craftieodmae said...

how cute, put a smile on my face this AM thanks!

Cheryl W said...

I love the idea of twigs for hair! Can't wait to have enough snow on the ground to build my own twig-hair snowman. This is such a sweet card!

Stef H said...

because they can - LOL.

i was just talking to a lady i bumped into (not literally) in the store about how we stay inside in the summer where it's cold but come winter we bitch, bitch, bitch - LOL.
actually, it's a very nice 32F with NO WIND. got the back door open a tad.

happy monday SLIM!!!

hugs :)

Netty said...

Great joke Patti, lol and fabby card, x

Lorie said...

Very very very cute! I love the snow in the photo too!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

It is a beautiful card, Patti, and the image is so lovely.
hugs, Helena

Carole said...

Patti, wonderful card and I love the hair ... who would have thought, you clever gal! By the way, why do snowmen wear hats ... to cover their bald head *grin* might that be the answer. Big hugs dear friend, Carole

KellyRae said...

Oh, you gave me such a chuckle! What a sweet simple and utterly adorable card. Love the doodled frame.

Dawnll said...

This is tooooo cute! Love the sentiment, reminds me of my own hair.
I read Sweet Melissa's post and just had a great cry, I am so happy for her...I bet you are over the top?
Hugs my friend

Auntie Em said...

Patti, your card is soooo adorable!!!! I love the little touch of blue ribbon to go with the blue scarf and the hand drawn lines to frame it are the perfect touch.
Thanks for sharing! :)

joy said...

Fabulous way to frame the stick snowman! Really cute card.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Hee hee, simple adorable. I love the little pop of blue polka dots!

Judy said...

rofl...this is too funny, and soooo cute! I never wondered why they wore hats until now.

love it!

Judy
xo

Pat (mspfd) said...

How could anyone not smile when they see this card! What a fun snowman image.

Curt in Indy said...

Such a simple image but made an impactful card. An I love how you drew those lines around everything. It truly looked like it was all part of the stamping. Great job on this! Best, Curt

Monika/Buzsy said...

Sweet little card Patti. Love that snowman image and the doodle lines.

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend!! :) Really beautiful card!! Love the snowman with the embossing!! HUGS

ddazzled71 said...

What an adorable Snowman Card Patti. The CAS design is super and it I love the pops of blue. xx

Brenda said...

Patti this is a gorgeous CAS card!!! I love that cutie snowman and you framed him so beautifully. Hope all is well with you.
Hugs,
Brenda

Carolyn King said...

great card--love your whimsical framing of the image!