Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Colorwheels... and a front porch view!


Before I tell about today's creations and adventures, I thought I'd post a photo of the sunrise today looking off of our front porch down into the front yard....this is why we love living where we live!!!


Remember the old colorwheels that we baby boomers' parents used to put on our "beautiful" silver tinsel Christmas trees? (ugh...) Well, today's challenge at 365 Cards, immedately brought to mind our old silver tree with it's colorwheel spinning for hours on end, lighting that tree up in hues of Red, Orange, Yellow, and Blue! The challenge for today was to use this color strip:







Dear friends, I am here to tell you that those new EK Success Punches make my life so much easier!!!



I punched & adhered stips of CS in the colors on the color strip with the Bubbles edge punch. I then stamped the sentiment, colored it, matted on black, glue dotted a ribbon and 'done'!


Stamp: Kolette Hall (Michaels $1 bin), Ink: Versafine Black, Tombow Markers, DCWV CS



Am working on some other things in between baby announcements, getting quotes on a pneumatic tank, and paying some bills, so hope to post again tomorrow!



We had Stamp Club today. Shirley led us in making faux felt flowers (too, too, TOO cute!), and I led with the making of a Pizza Box! We had a good time, especially after the chocolate was opened!!! (to fill the pizza boxes...really!!!)



Have a good Tuesday night! See you tomorrow!



Patti J.

Humor is the WD-40 of relationships, which stops the creaking and groaning almost immediately! ~Peter Reese

15 comments:

Carolyn V said...

Simple, effective and very, very FUN!

Crystal said...

This is such a fun fun card!!! What a cool design!!

Carolyn V said...

Ahhhh, that sunrise IS inspiring (God does good work!). :) *sigh* NOW I can go create!

Nilla said...

Patti, they are both gorgeous, your card and the sunrise! Hugs Nilla

Tasia D said...

Excellent card!! Love the sunrise picture, too - gorgeous!

Maria Matter said...

wowza, nature is beautiful isn't it?!
TFS!!!

Your card is brilliant Patti! I love it! Now I have to get that punch!!!!

Blessings, Maria

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh my Patti, what a beautiful sunset! You were obviously looking towards Riverside! Ha!

Those are some bright colors, but you aced them dear girl! And don't you love that punch? I have it, too, and haven't used it nearly enough. EK Success is giving ole Martha a run for her money!

Big hugs my friend,
Lisa

Rebecca said...

What a beautiful sunrise picture. What a quick, yet creative card, love it.

~amy~ said...

gorgeous pic! You've done an excellent job on the color challenge! Your card turned out fabbie!

Jenny S. (UK) said...

That is one amazing card. As is the sunrise. TFS

Georgia said...

I have an old Creative Memories bubble punch. Don't think I've ever used it. Thanks for the idea. The card looks great.

STAMPING SAM said...

Wonderful idea Patti! Love the strips of colors. I don't know if I'll get any cards made this week - too many things to catch up on. I know you miss work, but I do believe all things happen for a reason and it won't be long before you know what it is.

Beautiful sunrise, one of those wonders that is worth getting up early for!

Unknown said...

Beautiful picture of the Sunrise ( God is good) and what a great card using the challenge 165 color scheme, love your take.. you should get a prize!!!! :-)
Cheers

Cat said...

Love your post today, Patti! What a gorgeous view. You are really blooming where you are planted! Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your gal pals. I remember the old tinsel trees with the color wheel. We never had one. We always had a cedar tree that cost about $.50. Can you believe it? That wouldn't even buy a branch today! We also had those big clip on colored lights. They were a lot easier to string than the small ones we have today. My aunt had the colored bulbs with the water in them that would bubble when they heated up. Those were my favorite! Thanks for a trip down memory lane!

Caryl P said...

A great effect on the card you created there with the punches, must've come together fairly quickly. Stunning is all I have to say about that sunset. Boy I'm jealous!