The challenge this week at Stamptacular Sunday, is "Child's Play". Participants are to create a project for a child. This sounded like fun! So...in lieu of a card, today I chose to make an embossed felt flip book fit for a teen! My friend Shirley had given me all of the supplies needed to make this little treasure for my birthday in April, and I JUST got around to it! Thank you Shirley and shame on me for waiting so long! The free instructions for this great project are in the Serendipity catalog by The Angel Company. The photograper (me) was not spot on today and just couldn't get the vivid, neon colors to show up well, but I love how bright it is! All supplies and stamps are TAC.
So, my title was Double Trouble! This means that I was at my crafting desk for TWO projects yesterday! My second project was a canvas art. I found a stretched 11 x 14 canvas at Big Lots on Friday for $3 and couldn't wait to play with it! Using the technique that I learned from Darlene at the Gateway Rubber Stamp Convention this year, I just masked, stamped, dusted until my hands were cramping! I like the final project, although I have no clue what I will ever do with it! Let me know how you like it! Stamps and inks are from Stampland Chicago, Inkadinkado, The Angel Company, Marvy Heritage Collection.
On to very importang business!!! I have received two Kreativ Blogger awards this week. Thank you and big hugs to special blogging friends, Carolyn and to Pat for this honor. In return for receiving this award, I am supposed to thank the sender(s) (I did!), and list 7 things about myself that others might find interesting, and nominate 7 others for this award. I will list some 'interesting' facts below, but folks, I just cannot choose between all of you to pass this on. I would love it if you would grab the award, and pay it forward! You are all equally special to me!
1. I was born and raised in Chicago!
2. I always wanted to be a doctor.
3. DH and I hope to be healthy enough when HE retires to spend a week or so each month in Memphis, Tn., volunteering at St. Jude's Children's Hospital. (We have made a monthly donation to St. Jude's now for about 12 years, never missing a month!)
4. I love dark chocolate.
5. I hate that dark chocolate makes me 'rounder'!
6. I love gadgets! Anything that moves, clicks, snaps, opens, closes, slides, etc....
7. I hate having my picture taken or hearing my own voice!
Hope you all have a blessed Monday!
~We started out with nothing. Good news!!! We still have most of it!