Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Lovely Lizards

Hi friends!
I have some fun cards to share with you today, using a new set of stamps from the Technique Junkies April 2024 release. These cards were all created using the 'Lovely Lizards' stamp set. There are two adorable lizards in this set!


For the first card, the lizard was stamped, then stamped again on a post it note. I fussy cut the lizard out of the post-it, and used it over top of the stamped lizard, creating a mask. Once the mask was in place, I used some different colors of ink, and blended the 'Crocodile' stencil from A Colorful Life Designs. The Hello sentiment came from an older, cherished set, 'Five Fab Phrases'. I peeled off the mask, and voila! The panel was adhered to a light brown card base, and is ready to mail!


For this card, I used a burnt orange colored cardstock.
I trimmed up the focal panel to the size I wanted, and cut it into 3 panels.
For the top panel, I stamped one of the Lizards, as well as the top portion of another new release stamp, 'Meadow Sprigs'.
The sentiment in the middle section, 'Simply Enjoy' is also a new stamp from the April release.
On the two outside edges of the center panel, I scored a few lines 1/8" apart, to add a bit of dimension to the panel. I then placed the bottom panel against the middle panel, and again, stamped the 'Meadow Sprigs' on the left side, and the 2nd lizard on the right side.



Last, I took a white card base, stamped both lizards, colored them with Copic markers, and used the 'Grunge Dots' stencil from A Colorful Life Designs over top of panel. The sentiment is from and older set that I use a lot, 'Celebrate Diversity'. I needed to have an Anniversary card on hand for a couple that has little Dragons, and thought that the lizards would be fun. I cut the frame and heart from some patterned paper, popped up the card, and it's ready to mail!


So happy to see you here today!

My code is: TJPatti10 - you can save 10% on anything that is NOT a new release!

Hugs and grins,
Patti J.


4 comments:

Donna said...

These are so fun and what fabulous backgrounds Patti!

*Vicki* said...

Very cool cards you've made with this lizard image Patti! I love the different backgrounds you've created with the stenciling, coloring and layouts! Great use of the image to create varied designs with it! Hope you're well my friend! HUGS

Cheryl W said...

Love these, Patti! Especially the anniversary card. Sounds like it's the perfect fit for a couple who have dragons. You blow me away with your creative stamping and stenciling!!!

Gail said...

I am not sure lizards are on my list of favorites, but the cards you made show case them perfectly!
Great choice of colors, and techniques!