Thursday, January 24, 2019

The Conductor

Hello friends!

Brrrr....only about 57 days until spring, and I am SO ready! Hope you are staying warm wherever you are today. 

We needed a Birthday Card for a darling grandson that is turning 3 next Monday. I found the cutest digi image at Tiddly Inks, and decided that our little sweetie will have a train card this year. This image is called The Conductor.

Rylan loves to get 'grandma cards', so this one needed to be a bit interesting for him. I decided to do a fun Z-fold card.  While trying to plan a background, I found another digi image at Tiddly Inks, Happy Day Background...perfect!!!

I cuddled up under my blanket, took my images and Copic markers, and colored myself happy. After the images were colored, I created the card. Wish you could see the Glossy Accents on the train wheels and cars - makes the images come to life!

Here's my card:




I always go to Tiddly Inks when I need a sweet image, and again, they didn't disappoint!  They are having a DT Call through the end of January - if you are interested, check out the details HERE.

Measurements for card:
Base: 5" x 11", scored at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2".
Z Band: 1 1/2" x 11", scored at 5 1/2" and 8 1/4"

The mats are cut to these dimensions:
2 @ 2 1/2" x 4 3/4"
1 @ 5 1/4" x 4 3/4"
2 @ 2 1/2" x 1 1/4"
1 @ 5 1/4" x 1 1/4"

You will adhere your Z band to the panel, using adhesive on only the far left section and far right sections. If you have questions, give me a shout!

Thanks for stopping by today - happy creating!!!

Hugs and grins,
Patti J.

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

This is such a cute card! Aren't little boys fun to make cards for? It's only when they get older that it becomes difficult. I love the background scene you found. It truly is perfect!

Jerri Jones said...

Cute. Love all the details

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word this is just as sweet as can be Patti!! LOVE your trifold design and what a happy and fun scene you've created for your little conductor there!! :) HUGS

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful Z fold card with that cute little train and engineer design. Your little guy will love it!