Monday, May 9, 2016

Whew....two days at home!!!

Hi all,

Hope you have been patient with my 'missing in action' status.
My wonderful hubby took me on a 7 day Western Carribean cruise, and we just 
got back home.  We're calling this our honeymoon, as we never had one!
We just celebrated 43 wonderful years together, so it's sort of an
overdue honeymoon :)  We had a great time - we cruised with several
couples from our Sunday School class!

Internet services 'started' at $16.00 per day on the ship, and we just felt that we 
should be enjoying the trip and each other, and did only business that was required while gone. 
Thank you all for your patience and understanding!

Now, I have two days to wash, dry, and repack my bags, as I leave for Germany on the 11th.
I'll be gone May 11-29, and will be helping DD with baby number 2, while spoiling baby #1 rotten!
DH is staying here to take care of things on the home front. This will be the longest trip I've
ever done 'solo', so send up some travel prayers for me, please!!!

I'll have internet, so hopefully, can pop in and leave some comments for you all.

Here's a fun card that I made the last time I had a 'play day' at my friend, Shirleys. 
We tried the drapery fold. She had some pretty Stampin'Up! papers that worked beautifully
for this fold.  If you haven't tried it, find a tutorial, and give it a shot. Easy, fun, and pretty
results!



Thanks for stopping by,
Patti J.

17 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What an exciting trip!!!! Wow!!! And now onto Germany! How fun!!! LOVING your card! The colors are gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gail said...

Good for you Patti! Glad you got away!
Great card!
Have a safe & great trip to Germany!

Monika Reeck said...

Love the colors
awesome card Patty
and woooww nice honeymoon in 43 years married time
wooow and do you still plan to Europe..
will meet you if you visit munich
hugs
Monika

Beth Norman said...

Ohh, a trip. How nice for you. I want to go on a cruise so bad. Glad you had a good time. Enjoy your trip to Germany too. Your card is gorgeous. Love this drape fold.

Glittered Paws said...

Very nice - and yes the SU papers worked so well with this technique. Glad you had a "honeymoon" and sounds like you had a great time.

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a beautiful card. And, I am so glad you had such a lovely belated honeymoon. Now enjoy those grandbabies too! Get started on the spoiling! LOL Nothing like being a grandmother I think.

*Vicki* said...

Sounds like a wonderful time for you and hubby!! Happy Anniversary and enjoy your trip to Germany as well!! LOL!! Enjoy this time in your life!! :) Your card is absolutely amazing with the pretty folds and colors!! Sending hugs and safe travels my friend!

Cheri said...

Welcome back!!! Your card is adorable.

Lori Kobular said...

Welcome back and have a safe trip to Germany! I just started making these drape fold cards! Isn't that funny! I love the papers you used on your beautiful card! It looks awesome! Have fun spoiling the grandkids!

lisa808 said...

Welcome back and safe trip to Germany.

Lynette said...

Happy belated anniversary, Patti! Sounds like a very wonderful honeymoon. Have a safe and awesome time in Germany, too!

Cheryl W said...

Beautiful card, Patti! You are definitely not letting the grass grow under your feet, but isn't it fun! I'm getting wanderlust as we haven't traveled since last fall. We'll be going to the West Coast in June, so that should cure my symptoms for a while. Have a GREAT time in Germany.

Donna said...

Great card, we had a good time crafting that day. Glad you had a wonderful trip, enjoy the grandkids!

Tracy S said...

very pretty card. I love the cool design with the way you did the paper fold. TFS

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Patti. Love that fold on the bottom. I've been seeing this fold the last couple of days! So neat and unique. It must have been so much fun on your cruise! Good for you! And now another trip! Hopefully you will have a safe trip! Enjoy baby #1 and #2... and the company of your daughter!

Lynne in NI said...

Well you're certainly well traveled these days Patti, I'm sure you had a ball on your cruise! Safe travels, and enjoy those baby hugs!
Almost forgot to say, that's a stunning card you created, what a great design to showcase your beautiful DPs :)

Lena said...

Oh how beautiful. I will have to go look for instructions on how to do this drapery fold. Looks so elegant. I'm so happy for you. It sounds like you're having a ball. Congrats on your Anniversary!
Hugs,
Lena
Lena’s Creations