Thursday, March 22, 2012

Wish You Were Here...

Greetings!

Wow, here comes another weekend.  Once again, someone or something has snuck away with my week.  Hoping that your week is going well, and quickly, and that you have a nice weekend in store.

Today, I thought I'd share a card that I made to send to our son in law in Afghanistan.  I'm attempting to keep his cards as lump-proof as possible, so this is a one layer card.

Supplies: Copic Markers, Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Hero Arts "Wish You Were Here".


This features Hero Arts' "Wish You Were Here" set.  That is also the sentiment on the inside of the card. I very much liked the old fashioned type on the sentiments in this set.  Using post it notes, I masked off each area, and stipple brushed on each ink color, hoping for the look of a floor, wall, and a second room.  I'd seen something like this one time on Michelle Zindorf's blog, and stored it in my tiny brain to try later.  Thought it turned out pretty well and made up nicely for a masculine card.  Masculine and sympathy are my two 'walls'. I really have to work on those!

Have a good night, my friends!  I'm headed to my recliner to put my feet up for a bit.  I'll be taking my friendly laptop with me, and plan to scoot around to your blogs to say hello, and check out your fabulous creations.


Hugs & Blessings,
Patti J.

Food for Thought:  Putting the past behind requires putting the future ahead.

22 comments:

Donna said...

Beautiful card Pat, he'll be quite happy to receive it.

Betty Benton said...

A wonderful card to send to your son-in=law! You did an excellent job on the "scene" you created -- I know he'll appreciate his MIL making a special card for him!

Dawnll said...

Oh this is so wonderful! You did a spectacular job with masking it off and inking...
I know he will love this
Have a great weekend sweetie
Hugs to you

Sue from Oregon said...

A great lump proof card Patti!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful job Patti, your son-in-law will be thrilled to get it. Thank him for his service to us all!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Such a warm comfy creation! Looks so welcoming!

Mau xx said...

What a great card Patti, I know it will cheer him no end. Thinking of him and praying for his safe return xxxxx
Hugs Mau xx

Sue said...

Love the little scene you created and this card will be so-o-o-o appreciated I'm sure.

Hugs
Sue

Lorie said...

That is fantastic Patti! I'm sure he'll love it!

Stef H said...

yeah, it sucks getting old. not only does your body fight you, the days, weeks and years just seem to zoom by! oh well!

great card. i love furniture cards!

have a great weekend.

hugs :)

Tami - Hero Arts said...

What a wonderful scene you've created here! Love it! And so will he. :)

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Very beautiful card, Patti! Your son in the law will love it. Hugs, Helena

Glittered Paws said...

Very nice and yes it looks perfect - great card to send to Nick - I am sure he will appreciate all the "love" from home.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow! What a fresh look and design. Wonderful creation, Patti!

Auntie Em said...

What a beautiful card! I love the shading on the floorboards and the great design. It is difficult to keep cards down to one layer but you have certainly done it in style! I am sure he will appreciate receiving it.
Thanks for sharing and enjoy your weekend! :)

Iris said...

Lovely card! Glad you could try something new and it turned out great! I bet you SIL will really appreciate it!! Amazing and have an awesome week too!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Awesome, Patti. Such an inviting scene. A bird on the chandelier is a great touch. My mom used to say that having a bird in the house was good luck. You ARE one lucky lady.

2 peas in a pod said...

Hi Patti! Thank you for putting my blog candy on your sidebar. I love your blog! I'm a follower now. Hugs

Carolyn King said...

This is gorgeous....love that beautiful scene you created. Your sil is in my prayers!

Carolyn King said...

This is gorgeous....love that beautiful scene you created. Your sil is in my prayers!

Amanda Mertz said...

Great scene Patti! I'm sure your son-in-law will love it! Great job on the floor coloring! Someone stole my week too...must be the same person who took yours! =) TFS!

Pam Sparks said...

how fun! love the one layer card style and your's is awesome Patti!