Thursday, July 28, 2022

Christmas in July

Good morning!

It's a hot, sunny day here in Missouri. What better time to think about cooler days? I follow Sue Drees' blog, and she is a long time member of the House-Mouse Design Team. I've thought for a long time that I'd like to enter a challenge there, but simply haven't had the time to do so. Today is the day!

The theme for July is either Anything Goes, or Christmas in July. I don't own very many House-Mouse stamps, so I borrowed this fun stamp from my bestie, Shirley. I saw potential for Christmas colors in this sweet image!

Here's what I made:


The image was colored with Copic Markers, and the cup itself was all shined up with some Glossy Accents. The dies are unknown vendors - came to me in a grab bag blog candy that I won a few years ago. Hope you like it!

I'm entering this card in the House-Mouse challenge.

Have a blessed day, and thanks for stopping by! I have one more 'forgotten' post that is scheduled for tomorrow - hope to see you back here in the morning!

Smiles,

Patti J.

13 comments:

Sue said...

Good to see you and your talent here with us at the HM Challenge.
What a sweet card. Loving the candy cane background paper and this little mouse warming up in a cut of tea is adorable (thank you Shirly). The glossy accents on the cup is a nice touch too (must be real china) Thanks for sharing your card with us and joining the fun at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Lynette said...

Very cute, Patti! I like the glossy accents on the pretty cup.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So cute and festive looking!

Lorraine A said...

Super cute card Patti :-) so glad you finally found the time to join us! We always love to see new mousie fans ;-) the image is adorable and the colors are fabulous!
I love it when images that are not traditionally 'Christmas' can be used like this!! Great idea!! :-)

Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

April said...

I am glad you finally were able to join our challenge! Your card is so cute. I love the card layout and your wonderful coloring. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

*Vicki* said...

I absolutely adore these HM stamps and I love the festive colors you've used with him here! I can smell that candy cane...I love candy cane coffee near Christmas time! Thanks for sharing this darlin card my friend!

Christine said...

Wow very creative use of this image framed with the great dies.. Gorgeous Christmas colour combo & use of the candy stripe design paper thanks for sharing with us at HMFMC

Mousey hugs Christine xx

Cheryl W said...

Such a sweet Christmas card! Love that happy little mouse. I only have a couple of House Mouse stamps, too. I don't use them nearly enough. Thanks for the reminder to give them a little ink.

Gail said...

That image does make a lovely Christmas card!
I've been trying to play with the HM experts the last couple months!

Sue from Oregon said...

Well hey there Ms. Patti! How are you!? Excited to see you play along with this cute creation! Such fun details! Thanks for sharing with us on our Christmas in July challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. ♥ Sue Kment

KarinsArtScrap said...

Cute and lovely card Patti

Thank you for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
Goodluck and hope we see you again.

Gr Karin DT Member

creationsnz said...

So nice to use a stamp and turn it into whatever occasion you want! Great thinking. Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge christmas, CarolG

Bunny said...

Great card. This is one of my favorite images. I searched high and low on ebay and finally found this old one. It's great for any occasion. I'm so glad you joined us at HMFMC. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends