Tuesday, May 1, 2018

A Little Birthday Wish...with clipped corners!

Hello out there!

I'm here today to share a fun card that I created this week.
Here's what I made:


A longtime blogging friend, Beth Norman, sent me Happy Mail - I jumped up and down when I found this beautiful stamp in the mail!  Isn't it just the best feeling ever to send or receive something fun in the mail?  I have a fun box ready to go out to a friend tomorrow...hope she likes it as well as I liked mine!  Anyway, as Beth is a DT member of Technique Junkies, I thought it would be fun to link this card up to their challenge.  This month's Technique Junkie's challenge is to use 'clipped corners'. There are some examples/tutorial on the TJ blog and FB pages.

I used #SD398 A Little Birthday Wish, and #S627 Flourished Floral for this card.

I stamped and colored the image, and fussy cut a 'corner' off of the image, which was then mounted on a black mat.  I love the way it turned out - hope that you like it as well! 

Thanks for stopping by!  You still have a few days to enter the TJ challenge - hope you give it a try!

Hugs,
Smiles,
Blessings,

Patti J.

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING that flower!!!!!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how nice - and what a nice giftie you got in the mail. Love your fussy cut black corner.

Verna Angerhofer said...

A gorgeous card layout and your flower is so beautiful!

Cheryl W said...

Your card is super pretty, Patti! I love that big, luscious flower and the layout. The stamp may be lovely, but it took your own creativity to make it look this good.

Donna said...

This is beautiful, like the black clipped corner, it really adds to your design!

Beth Norman said...

Wowza, so pretty in blue. You did an awesome job with the clipped corners. Good luck in the challenge my friend.

Sue said...

Beautiful card, Patti. Loving the contrast of the black looks amazing.

Hugs
Sue

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

You won!! Whoop whoop