Thursday, January 11, 2018

Finally created something...

Hey there!

Can't believe I am finally back with a quick project. I began the intensive jobs of remodeling our fireplace, preparing 1099's, and getting tax info together.  Whew....busy here!



Thought I'd play along with a fun sketch challenge at Power Poppy. The challenge was to go to PageMaps and grab a sketch, and create something using their beautiful products.  Here's what I made:


I used this sketch (map):


Cute, right???


I used the Power Poppy digital set 'Get Wool Soon' for my card. Since my recipient is not sick, just someone that knits A LOT, I used a die cut instead of a get well sentiment.

All coloring is done with Copics, the designer paper is some Stampin'Up scraps, not sure who made the die cut, and some Glossy Accents were added to the mug for a bit of dimension.

Hope you're having a good January. I'll try to pop in and out of here once in a while!
For now, it's back to my ladder!!!

Hugs and grins,

Patti J.

15 comments:

Cheri said...

Absolutely charming, my friend. Makes me want to come over, sit and sip some tea with you....wish I could. Your coloring is gorgeous and I love that image.

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a lovely card and that is a really awesome image you used on it. Coloring is fabulous too.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Patti. Love the cute wooly image. The coloring is awesome. I also love the die-cut greeting. The glossy accent gives a nice touch to the image. :) Happy {belated} New Year!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh what a fun card - I have yard - needles - instructions and where are they - in my closet. My aunt was an excellent knitter, a skill I just never totally got. Love the colors and the sketch is a great one.

Esther Asbury said...

Just printed that same image off to use for the PP challenge...love the beautiful card you made with it! Soooo pretty!

Cheryl W said...

Super card! I love all the different colors of yarn. It all works together for a warm and cozy scene.

Stacy Morgan said...

Great use of the this sketch. The papers are lovely and I like the die cut sentiment, it fits perfectly.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!

Diane said...

Cute card! Love the colors you chose.

Beth Norman said...

Love, Love, Love this card. The image is so cute and very well coloured. You worked with the sketch very well. TGIF. Have a great weekend.

D.Ann C said...

So sweet and cozy!

Lynne in NI said...

LOL sounds like you needed that crafty breather, Patti! I hate having building work done and taxes definitely don't sound like any fun whatsoever!
Gorgeous card, that's such a fab image for a knitter :)

Lena said...

So busy! Sounds like you definitely needed a crafty break. Tax stuff is never any fun! Your card is beautiful Patti. Love the design and the beautiful papers. They showcase your image perfectly.
Enjoy your Sunday.
Lena
xxx

ChristineCreations said...

The perfect card for a cool and cozy day! Fun use of this sketch too! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy!

CherylQuilts said...

Well, am I ever "late to the party," Patti! I love this darling card, and your colors are beautiful and go so well with the DP. Great job on the sketch. I really struggled with mine, but it's good to be stretched, right? Hugs, sweet friend!