Friday, June 3, 2016

Birthday Roses

Hi everyone - Happy Friday!

Today, I've made two cards, by cutting and pasting some beautiful die cuts from Crafter's Companion.
I love the way these turned out.

Here's what I made:




Seeing double?  I cut the cardstock panel in half, using each color on two cards, and
cut the rose a little larger than half, again using each color on the opposite color panel.
The sentiment was heat embossed in white, a bow and bit of curly ribbon was added,
and two cards were born. Love it when they come together so nicely!
Next time I do this, I will pop up the roses, for some dimension!

Here are the products that I used:


Thanks so much for stopping by!

I'll see you next week with another fun project for Crafter's Companion!

Patti J.

10 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Hi Patti ...what a unique idea...you had me intrigued there for a moment
Cheers
Dr Sonia

*Vicki* said...

Very cool split negative design here Patti!! Love those colors together and that flower looks amazing! Happy Friday to you my friend! HUGS

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh I think I really really like this - makes up a beautiful card. I think I will add that to my list of to dos really really soon. Good to you you back.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love split negative cards. Yours is wonderful!

Cheryl W said...

Awesome cards! I really like to see these in black and white, too. Hmmmm...wonder if I'll have any extra time in my craft room this weekend.

Taunya Butler said...

Beautiful and such a cool technique - you are always so innovative and creative on your cards - wonderful colors and I love that your popped these up for some dimension!!

Taunya Butler said...

Beautiful and such a cool technique - you are always so innovative and creative on your cards - wonderful colors and I love that your popped these up for some dimension!!

Lynne in NI said...

That is such a great technique Patti, really pretty flower die too!

Beth Norman said...

What a unique way to display your image. Really like it. Great colour combination.