Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Hang in there...

Hi there, everyone!
It's time for a new photo inspiration challenge at The House that Stamps Built.
What a fitting photo - it's been raining and raining here. Wish we could
bottle it up and send it to our friends and family in California!

Our challenge was to create something using this photo for our inspiration:



Photo inspirations are my least favorite challenges - I have a really tough
time knowing what to do.  I decided to just play off of the colors and abstract sort
of squiggly shadows.  The photo made me feel a bit somber, so I chose a saying to match
my mood!

Here's what I made, using some distress inks, a stencil, some dies, and some black and gold twine.
The stamps I used were: Repeat Impressions 8619-E Tomorrow, and Repeat Impressions 9009-F Butterfly (sm).


I hope that you feel inspired to grab this inspiration photo, and join in our challenge!  
Remember, you don't HAVE to use Repeat Impressions Stamps, 
but if you do, you have double the chance of winning!

Check out my sidebar to see how you can save money on your RI orders!

Now, it's time to see what my DT friends have created!

Cheri     Deonna     Joy     Karen     Debbie     Kathy     Melissa

Happy Hopping!
Hope you link up a card this week!

Hugs,
Patti J.

17 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love love the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!

craftieodmae said...

Your cards always make me gasp with delight!

Lori Kobular said...

Wow Patti!! This is amazing! I love the look you got using a stencil!!

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - love all the beautiful spring colors and yes the photo was a great inspiration.

Amy Johnson said...

Beautiful! You did a great job with the inspiration piece. Love the color.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Patti. Love the colorful background. I have just made a card similar to that. The butterfly is gorgeous and I love how you framed the greeting.

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the pretty colors and the design!! Beautiful card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

joy said...

Pretty stencil card! I like the way you have framed the sentiment.

Beth Norman said...

So pretty. The colours match your inspiration to a tea. Well done.

Donna said...

Fabulous take on the sketch, great colors and design!

Cheryl W said...

The background you created is really great, Patti. Your card is lovely! You can send some of your rain my way. We need some!

*Vicki* said...

WOW! What a perfect take on the challenge photo Patti!! I love your background and such a pretty butterfly too!! :) HUGS

Pam Sparks said...

pretty take on it Patti! I'm with you... photo challenges... eek!

Monika Reeck said...

That colorful background is adorable Patti
clever idea to use that photo inspiration and that butterfly is wonderful..
I made card with umbrella rain and the same color
but my Raindrops look not so smooth hehehe (smile)
hope you like to visit that post with umbrella image...

Ina G said...

Fabulous background Patti. Love how you framed your sentiment and that butterfly is sooooooooo pretty. Those colours are awesome.

Lynne in NI said...

oooh, what a fabulous interpretation of that gorgeous picture :)

Taunya Butler said...

OH, Oh , Oh WOW!!! and then WOW again!! This is extremely gorgeous and amazingly well done - I LOVE what you have done with the colors and how you have taken that inspiration photo and used it to leap into this masterpiece!!! So gorgeous looking and just so full of color!!!