It's Friday, so it is my day to post for the ScrapTownLady Blog! Since some of you have asked for it, I'm showing some more creations in the clean and simple catagory.
|Sponged with a few blues here, hoping to give the impression of water and sky! Used my Perfect Layers Rulers to get the mats so neat and clean (see sidebar for details).|
Here's what I did:
1. Sponge some distress inks on three focal panels.
2. Stamp image and sentiment on each panel.
3. Trim panels to desired size, and touch up the cut edges with distress ink.
4. Mat with black cardstock from scrap pile.
5. Adhere panel to piece of patterned paper, cut to 5.75" x 5.75".
6. Adhere finished panel to 6" x 6" card base.
Voila! You have three cards in 30 minutes!
Hope you like them - thanks for stopping by today!
Hope you will follow the ScrapTownLady blog, so you don't miss a thing - there is daily inspiration for all levels of papercrafters!
Designer Tip: When using a solid die, such as this Circle Shaker Die, it's difficult to know what will fit within each piece. Using a scrap piece of cardstock, cut a sample to store with the die. It's easy-peasy to pull those pieces out, and test them with your images before cutting that precious, hoarded piece of cardstock!
|I gently sponged each of the pieces, to give you an idea of how many shapes you get from one single pass through your die cutting machine! You can find this die in both circle and square at Scraptownlady!|
Hugs and smiles, Patti J.