Sunday, January 13, 2013

Have a Fantastic Day!

Hello!
Hope you all had a great weekend. 
Ours was simply not long enough...
 I think that our weekend should be 5 days, and our work week 7.  
When they put me in charge, I'll be sure to fix that!

I needed a quick card for my chemo lady, and saw the challenge at Simon Says Stamp was to use black, white, and a splash of another color.  So...here is my black and white card!

Hero Arts: CG140 Poppy Background, Hero Arts CL578 Good Friends, Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink, Copic BG10, Hammermill 100# CS, Perfect Layers Rulers
Edited:  I'm so sorry that I didn't post directions for this card.  This was a 5.5 x 5.5 square card base of Hammermill 100# cardstock.  The image was stamped on a scrap of the Hammermill, and cut out, exactly on the black border.  I then matted on the teal, then adhered the panel to the card front.  The flowers were colored with Copic Marker BG10, and the image was stamped below.  Please feel free to email me if you need more info!

Used Perfect Layers Rulers for my borders (see sidebar for details).
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great week!

Hugs,
Patti J.

18 comments:

Dawnll said...

This is fabulous Patti! I love this stamp set and know your lady will be thrilled to receive this card.
Hugs my friend

redwasher1 said...

WOW! Your card is stunning!!! Yes, I say go for it!!! LOL

S`andra V. said...

Love the splash of color you choose to go with the black and white. Stunning card.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking it out. I will see you around the Outlawz Challenge page as I learn the ins and outs of the challenges.
Have a wonderful week.
Happily Scrapbooking & Crafting My Memories~Sandra V.
http://OhMyScraps2U.blogspot.com

Lorie said...

Woah, that is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and simplicity of the card!

Susie said...

Your card is stunning! But I'd really like to know how you made it.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I do not have many Hero Arts stamps in my collection, but when I see some of these backgrounds and such, I start to question myself. This is fantastic!

craftieodmae said...

such a lovely card!!!

Stef H said...

i love the colors and this is stunning!

yeah, i just placed a $40 stampin up order - go figure... like i need more crap - LOL.

i'm feeling better and the cold has arrived. ugh.

have a great week.... SLIM!!!

hugs :)

richardbreaks said...

Beautiful, Patti! Poppies (OMG, I almost wrote poopies, LOL!) are my fave!

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - love that stamp a lot, the colors scheme is very stunning.

Anonymous said...

Patti, this is really beautiful!! I'm sure that your friend will adore it!! :) Thanks for sharing!! Have a happy day! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki*
*My Blog* - Stamp Smiles

Jacquel said...

Hi Patti!
I love your card & the pop of *color* is so pretty!

I just became a follower & I'm looking forward to seeing more of your artwork!!!!!

Cheryl W said...

I just love poppies, so I think you chose the perfect image. It's a beautiful card, Patti!

Lynette said...

So pretty, Patti! Love that stamp.

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful Patti, your friend is sure to love it!

Amanda Mertz said...

Beautiful card Patti! Very serene and relaxing with that image and color combo. Love it! TFS my friend!!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Such a pretty card! What a great splash of color! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

AmethystCat said...

gorgeous! wonderful color combo!