Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Excitement and Punctuation!


Let me start by saying hello dear blogging friends!!! My goodness, it's been a while since I was here! Thank you to all who are hanging in with me... more in a minute on that situation!

I have a card to post today. Talk about being outside of my box! I totally SUCK at CAS (clean and simple) cards. That's all there is to it. I cannot stop. I MUST add a dot of glitter. I WANT to add ribbon and buttons so badly that I almost get hives! And flowers??? Come on, do I ever make a card without flowers? Rarely...so are you surprised that I've done a ONE LAYER CAS card? I'm totally surprised...

ANYway....now that my heart palpitations have subsided, I'm ready to post my CAS card. I have become totally hooked on a blog called "Simplicity" by Late Blossom. Susan does the most phenomenal one layer work that I have ever seen. And darn, she makes it look SO easy, that I almost find myself believing I can do it! I think I will have to read her blog for about the next 800 years before I can really do what she does! Be sure to drop over and check her blog out - wow!

Susan posts a weekly challenge on Wednesday. This week, the challenge was to use a punctuation stamp on our card. As many stamps as I own, I think I really only have one set, Playful Parenthesis, by the Angel Co., that has any punctuation! So, guess which set I used? lol... The ink is Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Dusty Concord. Yes, I actually DID use a starburst glitter pen on almost everything! (sorry Susan, couldn't resist)

I hope you like it!

Now for some really exciting news! I have good news and bad news - the good news is that I AM GETTING MY COMPUTER BACK BETWEEN 3 AND 4 P.M. ON FRIDAY!!!!!!! WAHOO!!! The bad news is that we will have out of town company for the weekend, and I may not get to 'surf' until next week... :( I am so excited! I can once again check in on my peeps, leave comments, and join in challenges!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Patti J.

Food for thought: I'm retired - (I was tired yesterday, and I'm tired again today)!

24 comments:

STAMPING SAM said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to see what you do when you get back in the grove!

Susan Raihala said...

Patti, your card is fabulous! What do you mean you suck at CAS? A little glitter pen never hurt anybody!

Thanks for the call out and kind words. So glad you enjoy Simplicity!

The Other Patti Sue said...

You don't suck at CAS cards you goof ball! Every card you make is a work of art! Can't wait for you to get your computer back... I have so missed you!

Crystal said...

AWWWW Patti it is soooo wonderful to see you back sweetie!! WOW this is fabulous great CAS!!!

Maria Matter said...

Well, looky, it's Patti! Hi Patti! lovely to see you and with my favorite type of card!!! I love CAS and you did an EXCELLENT job with this!! Beautiful my dear!!!

Enjoy your company & your computer this weekend!!
Blessings!

Carolyn V said...

Shush you... this card is fabulous... honey, there ain't nothing wrong with Patti J style! :D

Shelly said...

What an awesome CAS card, Patti! It's truly beautiful. I find CAS quite a challenge personally. It's easier to add embellishments and layers. :)

Wonderful news about your computer!!!! I'm so happy for you. It will be great to have you here full time.

Dawnll said...

Glad to see you posting...I would not say this card s*cks at all. I really like the simple design. Look forward to having drop in again and seeing all your creations.

Jessie said...

Glad to see you back Patti and I love your CAS card!

Georgia said...

Your CAS card is beautiful! I used to feel the same way about them; however, they can become addictive... you've been warnted.

Glittered Paws said...

I think your CAS card is just super/duper. We must have a stmaping session and do nothing but CAS - and no cheating!!! Can't wait for you to get your puter back.

Alanna Harris said...

very pretty effect with all the purple! Wonderful OLC!!

redwasher1 said...

Well you sure made a pretty one!! Welcome back to the world of blogging!!

Donelda said...

Clean and simple can't be too far out of your box because this one is fabulous!! I love the collage look!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Poor you it must have been agony to be out of contact for so long!!!! Great to see your card (I'm late......been so busy with other stuff) Super CAS card enjoy your Mother's Day!

Abounding Treasures said...

Your card is beautiful and I just love the little joke about being REtired :o)

Curt in Indy said...

You did a great job on this card! I'm exactly like you. . .I don't think I've ever made one because the thought of a single layer card horrifies me! LOL I'm going to have to visit that site. You've inspired me! Best, Curt

CraftinGranny said...

I love the card Patti! Think you did an outstanding job! Glad to have you back!
"Hugs" Granny

Carolyn King said...

GREAT card! Glad you are getting your computer back!

Brenda said...

Very pretty!!! What wonderful news that you are getting your computer back!

kasia c. said...

Super CAS card! So pretty!

PetraB said...

The card is so lovely, what would it be without the glitter (LOL)....

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card!! Make sure you stop by my blog I have a surprise for you.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Hey, I've been re-tired for a lot longer than I thought!!!

Have you seen this challenge blog: http://cleanandsimplestamping.blogspot.com/