Monday, February 1, 2021

Turner Syndrome Awareness Blog Hop

Hello Blogging Friends!!


Welcome to the "It's A Girl Thing: Turner Syndrome Awareness 3rd Annual Blog Hop! For this year we have added a Card Challenge so that more people can play along with us!

Turner Syndrome is a genetic disorder where a female is born missing partial or all of her second X chromosome leaving her with life-long medical issues and learning disabilities.  This condition occurs one in every 2,000 female births worldwide, but is more common among pregnancies that do not survive to full term.  That is why Turner Syndrome Females are considered MIRACLES!

Prize Winners will be announced on March 13th, 2021.

23 Caring and Generous Sponsors and 12 Design Team Members are offering prizes to a commenter and card makers and they are helping bring Turner Syndrome Awareness to the Public.  For details on how you might win any of these fabulous prizes, please see Lori's TS home page.  Thank you for learning about Turner Syndrome.

Blog Hop Sponsors


One lucky winner from MY blog will receive a $30 gift certificate to shop at Technique Junkies!

My TS related projects are inspired by this TSF Mood Board (graciously created by Jan Mahew):


First up is this sweet card, created with a Digi Set that Jan Mahew designed just for the TSA Blog Hop! If you've never shopped for digi images at Jan's store, please do yourself a favor and go look! She has some of the best digi's I've seen, and many, like this one come in both black and white, and pre-colored images!


To create this card, I printed the image once on white cardstock. I took some rectangle cutting dies, and cut out 2 rectangles from the image. These two pieces were matted with cardstock matching the card base. Beginning with the largest piece, each piece was adhered over the other, being careful to line up the image. The sentiments were printed onto white cardstock, and also matted with the green. These were popped up with foam dots. Last step was printing and fussy cutting the single pink butterfly, and adhering it with a teensy tiny glue dot.

Next up, is a card that I made with NBUS (never before used stuff). I had won a box of goodies from Susan Opal last year, and this stamp set 'Tropical Chic' from Stanpin' Up was in there. I thought it called out to be created with the colors from this amazing mood board, so here it is!


The leaves and flowers were all stamped and fussy cut. I stamped on the little gray 'whispies'? and layered the pieces over top of the gray. The flower on the bottom was glued to the card front, the next one was popped up with a tiny (low dimension) foam dot, and the last flower was popped up using a deeper dimensional foam dot.

This last card was made with stamps and patterned paper from Lavinia Stamps. They have beautiful silhouette images, and I felt this card was perfect for today's blog hop! The sentiment and image were stamped with VersaFine Black Ink onto to patterned paper. I went over the fairy dust and wings with an Embossing pen, then heat embossed in silver.


Here is how to win a prize from the Blog Stops:
To be eligible to win a prize from one of the Card Designers Blogs
You have to leave a comment on each of the Designers Blogs. You could possibly even win at more than one blog.
To be eligible to win a prize for the Card Challenge:
You have to make a card, write a blog post that includes the details and supplies used to make your card, something you learned about Turner syndrome (It can be just one sentence) and link your post back to the “It’s A Girl Thing” Turner syndrome Awareness Card Challenge. Cards should be feminine and have an uplifting or encouraging message.
The Blog Hop and Card Challenge starts on February 1st at 6:00 a.m. EST and ends at midnight EST on February 28th. Winners will be announced on Saturday, March 13th.
Hope to see you creating a card, and linking it up! What fun!!!
Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to leave a comment - you could be a winner!
Patti J.

61 comments:

Diane said...

A beautiful group of stunningly created cards! I first learned of TS when I joined in Lori's awareness hop few years ago and learned that 1 in 2000 girls are born with TS and am very honored to be a part of this hop to spread the word!

Grandma Bonnie said...

Wow, all of your cards are amazing, Patti! Thank you for sharing and educating me about Turner Syndrome.

Darlene said...

Oh Patti your cards are all just AMAZING and beautiful! LOVE the background on that Lavinia card ... well done! I'm so happy to be on this TS Awareness journey with you! Please stay safe & well!

Lori Kobular said...

Patti I love all three of your cards! They are so different! My favorite is your Fairy card, it just speaks to my heart! Thank you for being apart of this blog hop again in 2021!

DIANA L. said...

Awesome Patti, that you made three cards they are all fabulous great JOB!!! I love em'
Thank you for your inspiration!!. I t was fun hopping with you to bring awareness to TS. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
DL.ART
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Debra Davison said...

All of your cards are amazing !! I especially love your NBUS card - have never heard it called that before .. I could make hundreds !!! I think the Lavinia is my favorite though !! It's nice to be hopping along with you and all of the other fantastic designers !!

Camille Short said...

oh these are all stunning!

Donna Ellis said...

Patti, your cards are all so sweet, and a lovely interpretation of the inspiration board! So grateful to be your teammate in spreading the word about Turner Syndrome Awareness. hugs, de

Verna Angerhofer said...

Patti all your cards are so wonderfully designed. I am loving your work on all.

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love all of these! Especially the fairy and that sentiment!!! The colors are fabulous!

Cheryl W said...

An amazing trio of cards--all so unique and so pretty! I didn't know about Turner Syndrome, so thank you for sharing and helping us all to become more aware.

Karenladd said...

Wow, you outdid yourself on these gorgeous cards! I love the triple stamping and the last one with the fairy so much!

Bunny said...

All of your cards are lovely. The colors and the images. Especially the Lavinia. I love that one. [Bunny]

World of Michael Trent said...

You made some beautiful cards for this blog hop. The colors are perfect.

Becca Yahrling said...

What a gorgeous array of card designs. I absolutely love the pink & green color combo; one of my faves. Love the layered rectangle design on the first card. And the stunning BG of the last card. Lovely cards!! tfs!

Anne Temple said...

All of your cards look amazing! Especially like the Lavinia one :-)

Donna said...

All of your cards are stunning, very inspirational, I especially like the background on the third one.

New Creations said...

Wow, such a trio of Beautiful cards, I adore each one! The color combo is just great!

SHartl said...

Your cards are all beautiful and so very different from each other. The Lavinia fairy card is gorgeous and I really love the first design as well.

Donna Phelan said...

BEAUTIFUL cards, Patti! Each one is unique and fabulous! Love the triple stamping and the blowing of the butterflies, so FUN! It's like a wish come true! Your florals have that tropical vibe and the colors are perfect! And the background on your last card is magnificent! WOW! Such a lovely Post! Magical! I hope to play along and spread the word over the weekend.

STAMPING SAM said...

It's fun making cards but even more important it's great to make cards with a purpose as in Turner Syndrome Awareness. Your cards are spot on Patti, beautiful and delightful. Think I may have to put my creativeness to work and see what I can make too!

Chana Malkah said...

Your cards are beautiful, Patti! I love the sentiment on the final one. Holding on to one's sparkle can sometimes be one of the hardest hills to climb in life!

Thanks for the suggestion about the blog hop! I had seen it advertised on FB but did not investigate. I definitely will add my card!

Hugz,

Chana Malkah (WOYWW)

Chana Malkah said...

Patti,
I tried to enter the challenge but I get a notification that the challenge has ended!

Patti J said...

Chana, continue to scroll past the first Linky (for the DT to post their cards) and you will see another Linky! Best of luck!!!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love the last one with the fairy! Beautiful colors for your background!

Surekha Galagoda said...

Dear Patti
Your cards are beautiful and I loved the first card the most.stay safe and blessed

Subhashini said...

Fabulous collection of cards

Julie Odil said...

Patti, your cards are beautiful! I really like that Lavinia one.

Jan Mahew said...

Patti, Magnificent array of "It's a girl thing" creations! Each different, each beautifully composed and each on point! It's a pleasure being your teammate in spreading the news during the annual Turner Syndrome Awareness Hop! Take care, stay safe and happy crafting! Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cards. Thank you for your inspiration on this blog hop to raise awareness for The Turner Syndrome.

Suzanne H said...

Beautiful cards and color combination. Your final card is stunning! Thanks for bringing awareness to Turner Syndrome.

Mieke Duckers said...

This way of card layering is awesome!! Thanks for letting me know about the Turner Syndrome!!

Chandhini said...

Love all the cards inspired by the mood board.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your cards are all so beautiful and your third card is just amazing with that gorgeous background. If it weren't for last year's hop, I would not know about Turner Syndrome, so thanks for helping spread awareness.

kReN said...

What amazing cards, Patti. Love the sentiment and background. Thank you for helping all of us become more aware of Turner Syndrome. It is such an important cause and you are a wonderful ambassador. Keep up the good work! kReN@afourthlife

Shandy Davis said...

All three cards are truly beautiful. I love what you did on the first card with the TS fairy! I think it was so clever adding the chromosome symbol and female symbol in with the whimsical butterflies. The tropical flower is clean and the colors are a beautifully layered combination. The third has a marvelous back ground and perfect sentiment. each card a lovely way to bring awareness to Turner Syndrome.

Anne Buckingham said...

I like all the cards, but the first is my favorite. The frames make me think of looking out a window to see the fairy in the yard. Such a happy card. The sentiments are wonderful and meaningful.

Anne Buckingham said...

I like all the cards, but the first is my favorite. The frames make me think of looking out a window to see the fairy in the yard. Such a happy card. The sentiments are wonderful and meaningful.

Beverly S. said...

Pretty cards...loving the pastel colors! Thanks for being a part of this inspiring hop about Turner Syndrome.

Jean said...

lovely cards! Thank you for helping to share the awareness! I first learned about this last year. So glad to be able to visit all the blogs again this year.

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Wow... Amazing cards..love each one of them...Every card is so unique and beautiful. Hugsxx
Deepti

Kim said...

Your cards are gorgeous! I absolutely love them! The only problem is, now that I've seen them, my crafty wish list got a little longer! TFS.

Kim said...

Your cards are gorgeous! I absolutely love them! The only problem is, now that I've seen them, my crafty wish list got a little longer! TFS.

Kim said...

Your cards are gorgeous! I absolutely love them! The only problem is, now that I've seen them, my crafty wish list got a little longer! TFS.

Joan Sensing said...

Your cards are so pretty. Thank you for sharing this beautiful hop about TS!

Fikreta said...

Both cards are so nice!

Fikreta said...

Both cards are so nice!

Judy Woodland said...

Such sweet cards, thanks for all the inspiration. I had no idea about Turner Syndrome. Amazing that one little Chromosome can have such an effect, and only on girls. And 1 in 2000 can have this disorder.

Christine said...

A gorgeous collection of cards! I especially love the sweet background and sentiment of the third one. Thank you for promoting the TS message and supporting these incredible miracle girls!

Glittered Paws said...

Two beautiful cards - if I had to pick one I don't think I could. Love the first one with the layering as well as the second one with the pretty background.

Susan said...

Beautiful cards, Patti! As a woman with TS and TSF volunteer, I appreciate your support of the TS community!

Everyone, please check out my blog post on the TSF blog on February 24th!

https://turnersyndromefoundation.org/blog-latest-articles/

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a gorgeous array of creations! Each one so unique. Thanks for the inspiration while bringing awareness of Turness Syndrome to the Stamping Community. These 1 in 2,000 girls are truly little miracles full of sparkle!

Valerija said...

Stunning cards. Lovely and cute image, nicely coloured. Love the design and the soft colours.
Valerija

AnaRaposo@ToadilyHandmade said...

ABSOLUTE ADORABLE CARDS, LOVE THE COLORS AND IMAGES. THANK YOU FOR SHARING.

Janis said...

I love all of your cards! That fairy one is just magical.
Thank you for your part in this important hop and for offering such a generous prize!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous. Love the frames you used on the first card. So pretty. Hugz

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Beautiful cards and a wonderful hop. I had never heard of this syndrome before. Thank you for educating and inspiring me!

Cardogram said...

Beautiful cards, Patti! Each one is unique and fabulous! All your cards are magnificent with such a strong message to all. Thank you for sharing and spreading the awareness about the TS.

Crafting with Darcy said...

All of the cards you made are wonderful, Patti! I chuckled about the NBUS. I guess I have an awful lot of NBUS. LOL You have a great gift for making gorgeous handmade cards!
Hugs!
Darcy Schroeder

Tina Z. said...

Stunning technique and great cards.
Great hop for the great cause.

Hansi Brittain said...

I love all these cards, particularly the sentiments. I think my favorite is the fairy although my favorite sentiment is the first about imperfections being a blessing. I first learned about Turners when my daughter was diagnosed at birth 31 years ago. She is on the more involved end of the spectrum and has many challenges, yet she brings out the good in people and we have had many positive experiences we would not have had if she had been born with the usual set of chromosomes. She is a blessing! Thank you for helping to raise awareness of Turner Syndrome.