Monday, September 25, 2017

The Coolest Christmas Ever...!

Good morning!

I'm the Monday morning hostess at The House that Stamps Built. It's my turn to share a 'Project of the Week' with all of you.  Today, I chose to share a tutorial for an easy treat holder for my tutorial.



For this tutorial, I'm using these Repeat Impressions stamps:



Cut a strip of cardstock to 1 15/16" x 10".


Score at 4", 6", 7", and 9"
Burnish your score lines. Now your strip looks like this.


Before I went any further, I took a decorative punch to the top of my strip. This step is optional.
Add Scor-Tape, or adhesive of choice to the small tab, but do not remove the liner yet!


 Punch a hole between the two score lines opposite the top of your strip.
I used a 1 1/4" punch for this project.


Begin decorating your strip.  I stamped on what will be the 'front' side of my treat
holder.  


If you wish to decorate the 'holder', you will need to flip your strip over, and stamp on the opposite side.  Be sure that you are stamping on the side with the adhesive, with that end at the top.
If you look closely, you can see where the penguin was stamped - the Copics bled through a bit.



 Now, just remove the adhesive liner, and attach the flap to the front of your treat holder.
All that's left to do is add candy and decorate!


Here is the finished product.
You can change the dimensions of this holder, and add a votive candle, if you'd like!

Here is your finished treat box - coolest 'easy box' ever, right?

We hope that you will give this a try! 
Come back and let us know if you do - we'd love to see your finished projects!!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Patti J.

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such a great idea! I loveeeeeeeee this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute treat holder. You sure are creative and clever with this one.

Pam Sparks said...

How fun and super cute Patti!

Beth Norman said...

You really do love to make boxes. Your tutorial was so easy to follow. Great job! I love you cute image and the tule that you decorated with. Nice and sparkly and so festive.

Donna said...

This is just adorable!

Cheri said...

Love it, Patti!!!! Easy with a WOW factor! Who wouldn't love receiving a treat all bundled like this? Great tutorial, my dear friend!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh love it - you are the "box queen", the tulle is perfect. Great job on the tutorial.

Cheryl W said...

Super idea! These would be great place cards at the Christmas dinner table, don't you think?