Saturday, March 7, 2015

Happy Saturday!

Happy Saturday!
The snow is beginning to finally melt, and I'm hopeful that by Monday, I can drive
myself places again!  My last trip out that I actually drove, was on Feb. 13th!
Hope you're enjoying some sunshine where you are, as well.

On to my card!
I have a sweet card to share with you today that uses stamps from Great Impressions.



This was so easy to do.
I began with my white card base...folded it, and set it aside.

I cut a piece of cloud paper to about 5 1/4 x 3 3/4 inches. 
My handy dandy scissors cut a little hillside, which I adhered to the lower section of the panel.
I trimmed it up to the right width after adhering.
The sentiment was stamped on a scrap of white card stock, adhered to the green hill, and an enamel dot finished that off.  
The image was then stamped onto the cloud panel, as well as several pieces of patterned papers.  
The birds and one birdhouse and leaves were cut from these patterned papers, and paper-pieced, by adhering the pieces directly onto the stamped image.
The focal panel was then placed onto a mat of black card stock, and then onto the white card base.

What a fun stamp this is!  It was easy to paper piece, and I can't wait to color it!

Be sure to join us in this month's challenge (HERE!) and if you use any GI stamps be sure to link up to the customer gallery (Here)

Be sure to stop by the Great Impressions store (HERE) and treat yourself to a few new stamps!

Did you know shipping is free over $25?! 


Thanks for stopping by - see you next Saturday with a really fun spring creation!

Hugs,
Patti J.

Other supplies used:
Perfect Papercrafting Perfect Layers Mini Rulers
(see my sidebar for a way to save money on your order!)
Tombow Adhesives
Black Colorbok Cardstock
White Hammermill 100# Cardstock
DCWV Paper Pad

19 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooo beautiful! LOVING the birdhouses!!!!!!!

*Vicki* said...

Patti this is the perfect card to remind us that Spring is on the way! :) Like you, I too look forward to Monday clearing off that snow that's left over from last week!

Love your card with the fun birds and clouds in the background!! Enjoy your weekend! HUGS

richardbreaks said...

Absolutely fabulous. Love all the paper piecing, and I love that you hand cut your hill.

Becky said...

wow Patti, Feb 13, that is a long time to not be driving around.. This has been a tough Winter, I do pray we have a gorgeous Spring and Summer :).
I love your adorable card, the birds and bird house are so cute.

Lori Kobular said...

Love those adorable birdhouses!! Great card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

A gorgeous spring time card design. Love those bird houses.

Gail said...

So cute!

Lynne in NI said...

Awww your little bird houses are soooo pretty Patti :)

Beth Norman said...

What a darling card. I like the stamps a lot and how you coloured them. The cloud paper is a nice touch.

Donna said...

How adorable, I like how you created that hillside!

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Beautiful spring card, Patti! Love colors and layout. hugs, Helena

Taunya Butler said...

Fabulously done, Patti!!! So thrilled with the pattern paper in the background and then all the wonderful colors and designs you chose for your paper piecing is so well done!!! Love this stamps and think I must have it!! Thank you for adding one more thing to my wish list!! Your project is just beyond excellent!!!

Laurie Unger said...

What a cute card! Glad the snow is finally starting to melt! Hopefully springs is right around the corner for you all! Take care!

Sue said...

What a fun card, Love the row house birdhouses! Cloud paper is perfect.
Giant icicles on the gutters are dripping and snow is slowing softening and melting.
It has been a long winter, can't ever remember being in the house for such extended periods of time.

Hugs
Sue

Monika/Buzsy said...

TWEET card Patti. What a wonderful scene. So want to be Spring! The paper-pieced images are wonderful.

Cheryl W. said...

I love birdhouse images, and this one is so cute. Paper-piecing is such a fun technique and works beautifully for this card.

Dorothy S said...

what an adorable card! The bird houses, suspended in front of the clouds, are wonderful. Thanks for inspiring!

Mynn xx said...

Another super TWEET card, Patti! I LOVE the fun scene you created! This is fabulous! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Monika Reeck said...

Patti
you really made a sweeeet scene
I love that paper piecing and that image is sooo cuuutte
really cute card Patti
I wish I get this on my Post box (LOL)
hugs,
Monika