Saturday, November 22, 2014

Gotta love a girl's day in!

Howdy, ya'll...

A few weeks ago, I got a call from my friend Shirley, who invited me over to
play in her amazing girl cave.  Since I didn't want to hurt her feelings,
I forced myself to go spend an afternoon creating cards.

Do you believe that?  Lol...I didn't give Shirley time to reconsider - I just
jumped in the car, put the pedal to the metal, and went zoom zoom.
We only live about five minutes away, so I think I was at her
door before she hung up the phone!  Anyway, she had some fun
cards all ready to create, and two of the cards we made:





Edit:  Gail asked me to share dimensions!  I trimmed here and there, until I had my panels and things the size that I wanted them, but here's what mine measures:
White card base = 6.5" x 4.5", scored at 1"
Striped background = 5 1/8 x 4"
Red 'card' = 9.5" x 3/75"
Inside panel = 3.25" x 4 3/16"
Front panel = 4.25" x 3.25"

So happy that you dropped by today!

I'll be back on Monday with the Project of the Week

Be sure to check out Wendy's sale - she's thankful for you, her customers, and wants to pass along some savings!  See yesterday's post for details!

On another note - we've attended two funerals this week.  Life is so short.
Please remember to say 'I love you' to those special people in your lives. We never
know when we may never have another opportunity.

Hugs...
Patti J.

14 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

Forced yourself to go play? Funny! Great cards! I bet it was a lot of fun!

Gail said...

Great cards! Would you share measurements for the second?

Dawnll said...

Both of these are beautiful and I so want to case them...so glad you and Shirley get together and craft.
Hope your staying warm and not getting to much snow. Hugs my friend

Beth Norman said...

Glad you had time to spend with a girlfriend creating cards. Sadly, I don't have anyone to do them with. It would make it so much more fun. Your cards are beautiful. I love that pop of orange, and your second card is so unique. Thanks for sharing the measurements.

Lisa said...

What gorgeous cards!! I love the designs of each one!! You did a fabulous job!! How fun to have a crafting buddy so close by!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna said...

These are both so darn cute! So glad you shared the dimensions. Some day I'll be retired and zoom down the 2 hours much more often, we're due for a stamping date, may be after holidays. :-)

Jenny said...

I love them both! Wish I had a card making friend around here!

Cheryl W said...

These are wonderful cards, Patti. So sorry to hear about the losses in your life. I had to make a sympathy card this week, too. You're right about not waiting to express our love for others. Life is definitely too short.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous!!!!!!!

Lena said...

Wow, you ladies did a wonderful job on these cards. Love them both. I've been meaning to make a joy fold card for a while, but somehow never get around to it. Too bad it was such a chore for you hehehe :-)
Hugs,
Lena
Lena’s Creations

Glittered Paws said...

It was a fun afternoon -and I so.....needed it - had been in a creative funk but crafting with a friends always seems to help to stir up the MoJo. and what I love is we make the "same" cards - well ok we use the stamps stamps and designs but the cards are always so different.

Diane said...

Beautiful cards Patti! I bet you both had a blast. I really like both of them, not sure which I like best. Thanks for sharing them.

*Vicki* said...

Sometimes that's all you need is a little time with a crafty buddy to get you in the MOJO creating spirit again! :) These are such fabulous creations!!

Lynne in NI said...

Hmmmm I'd say you probably have a pretty amazing craft cave too! Gorgeous projects, glad you had fun with your friend, and sorry you had a couple of sad days x