Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hang In There...

So...peeps! I went to the mailbox yesterday, and did the happy dance in front of too many people to count!
I had a package from Gina K. Designs, and it contained new stamps!



Ha! You all know how sinful it is to put new stamps away before inking them up, so I chose, instead, to put my ladder away for a while and 'play'!!!



With no further ado, Theresa Momber's newest set, Hang in There, accompanied me into my girl cave, where I nearly squealed with delight! How much fun these little critters are going to be!
I did this card today for Selma's 'Blast from the Past' challenge at StampTV.
The challenge called for paper piecing.
I pieced the frog with GKD's free (YES, FREE) downloadable green from the Timeless Solids package, and the tree trunk is pieced with the GKD free (YES, FREE) Wood Patterned Paper. The front is sponged with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Antique Linen, and the stamping is done with Colorbox Chestnut Roan and Olive Chalk Ink. The sky is sponged with Stampin Up's Bashful Blue. You can't see in the photo, but his eye is paper pieced from the 'wood' paper, and is covered with glossy accents, so it looks like a real glossy eye!









Well, dear friends, I hope this cute little pop up froggie gets at least one squeal or giggle today!
I think he's darling!
Looks like he's perched up on that tree looking for his princess to kiss!






WARNING: No post tomorrow!
My best ever stamping buddy, Shirley, and I are taking a class from Michelle Zindorf in St. Louis.
Gasp! Gasp! Gasp!
I'm black and blue all over from pinching myself!!!
Hopefully the next thing I post will be a sheer work of art that I make in class tomorrow!





Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great Day!
Patti J.

24 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Everything you post is a "sheer work of art" GF! I love this little frog all perched up there waiting for his kiss! Michelle Zindorf.... you are one lucky, lucky lady!

marianne-g said...

What a super cute card. Thanks for the inspiration.

Barb said...

ACK! I love this! That little frog is so cute and I LOVE the leafy trim :)

Stef H said...

wooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo all the way around - your happy mail, your class and your card is super!

have a ball!

craftieodmae said...

Michelle Zindorf! Girl I am so JEALOUS!!!!! you are so lucky, any thing you make is great!!!!

Crystal said...

AWWW this is soooo fabulous Patti!!! LOVE LOVE this design girl, I am a sucker for frogs btw and LOVE this!!!!

Brenda said...

Wonderful card Patti! I love this set and you did a fab job. I look forward to seeing what else you create. How lucky you are have fun tomorrow!

Theresa Momber said...

Yay!!!! I love this card, Patti! That vine rocks! What a fabulous designs. Lucky you getting to attend a Zindorf class. Have loads of fun!

Danni said...

Awesome card!! so creative! Have fun at your class tomorrow!

Dawnll said...

Girl you are on fire for sure! That is an adorable creation, and I am so jealous of you taking a zindorf class, I have wanted to do that for a couple years now. Have a great time and I look forward to seeing your masterpiece.

Georgia said...

Patti, this is really cute. I need to do a pop-up card! Great inspiration!!!Cheers!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Have a fantastic time in class tomorrow...although you should be teaching classes with a card like this one. UBER FANTASTIC!

redwasher1 said...

OMG! You sure did a fantastic job on this card, you rocked the challenge and are so lucky, wish I was with you in class, have fun!!

Rufus said...

Love your froggy! Oh, I'm soooo jealous about your class!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see what marvelous things you create. Have a blast!
R/

Beth Norman said...

So adorable. I love the pop up--it's a fun surprise.

Laurie said...

Don't worry Patti! You aren't the only one who does the happy dance by the mailbox!! LOL! Great card! Love that frog!!

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! I love this! Its so creative! I love how you did the vine and made the frog pop out like that. And I can't believe your taking a class from the great Zindorf herself! Lucky you! I'm so jealous!

Caryl P said...

Adorable Patti!!! I'm not a bit frog fan, but this is a cute one, and the grass is a great touch. Happy stamping!

Curt in Indy said...

You and I have the same taste in stamp images! When I first saw this stamp set, I was immediately drawn to the frog! LOL And you did a beautiful job with it! I LOVE your pop up card! So fun! Hope you had a great class today! Best, Curt

Percy said...

Beautiful card, once again...that little frog is darling!!!!

Maria Matter said...

lots of happy news!

love your pop up card! brilliant idea with the vine and froggy!

Fern said...

This is just adorable!! Great pop up card and the perfect image!!!
Patti, I have a blog award for you over on my blog!!
Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh wow, how did the class go???? I know you've been looking forward to that for ages!

Love your little froggie card. GinaK rocks!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Another truely wonderful card my dear! I love seeing the pop-ups, but I have been to lazy to try them! Love it!